Non-res permit question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooter226

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From what I've been told by my ccw instructor is that it dose not matter if it's an out of state permit or not the state your in is what dictates what laws u r required to fallow and in Oklahoma u r required to be 21yo to Carrie or even legally perches a handgun so just dubble check to keep from becoming a convicted felon and never being able to get one but good luck hopefully u can that would be cool if u can

As I said earlier, I called OSBI and their legal department said you can carry in OK with an out of state permit and be under 21. It must be a legal permit from the state it was issued. This was on May 24th.

These states issue starting at 18: IN, ME, MT, NH, ND, SD, WY, AL, CA, DE, IA, and MD. I don't know which have out of state permits.

Mark

7ucky7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounds like you know what your talking about Mark. I asked Maine State Police and they said the same thing. Many people in their CCW department reassured me several times that it was legal.

In case anyone was wondering, Ive had a Springfield XD for almost 3 years. I also used to work for a company where I assembled custom weapons for 5th group SF and many branches of LE. So I am very familiar with laws, policies, NFAs, ect.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF you get caught in a private party pistol sale and you are under 21 you are still in trouble.

You should check with the ATF to make sure, but one of my FFL buddies who owns a gun shop, told me that a private sale or a gift from like your father was ok and legal, even if you are only 18.

7ucky7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I got the permit the other day. Someone requested that I post on whether or not everything worked out. I've carried several times, no issues. In conclusion, if your in the military, aren't 21, and dont want to pay for classes (granted you have the training), then a Non-Res Maine permit is the way to go. Only $60 and 2 months wait.

Latest posts

Top Bottom