Noob here. Ready to take the leap. Choices: SR9c, Bersa Thunder 9 Pro, Taurus PT911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makarov9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Glock 26 is a fine 9mm, you can't go wrong with it. The SR9C is also a fine compact and would make a great CCW. I've owned a Glock 26 and 27, liked em both, but a bit thick in my opinion to conceal carry, the Ruger seems to be thinner. Both are relatively light weight.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of the 3 you list - I guess I'd go with the Ruger.

Honestly, I've never been a big fan of any of the three you list.

These are the 3 polymer handguns that dominate the market - and they dominate the market for a good reason.

Glock
S&W M&P
Springfield XD

fAlGore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions. I purchased a new SR9c. Black on black. Pictures coming soon. Haven't fired it yet either. I will post pics in a new post when I have them.

Reaction score
Buy the right gun the first time. Trust me it saves a lot of trouble later. JMHO.

Boy I agree with that 100% - which leads me to a conclusion 180 degrees from this gentleman with the opposite opinion - buy ANYTHING but a Glock. Or get one and then trade it off later when you learn that it has horrible ergos, is cheaply made, and is a very poor value - at least the 2nd course of action keeps your life more interesting as you go along and gives you something to upgrade to! If you could up the budget a bit, I'd look at a CZ 75 compact PCR, Beretta PX4 compact, or S&W MP compact.

But I like your choices on more of a budget - I'd go with #2 or #3.

#3 is best for comfort and enjoyability in shooting, and aesthetics & pride of ownership as well. However, you'd have to ask yourself (a) is it gonna be too heavy to carry comfortably - maybe maybe not; depends on your personal feel, and (b) are you gonna train to disengage that manual 2nd nature when the moment of truth arrives? Wait a sec, if you can afford a Taurus 1911, then you can afford a CZ PCR, so I'd seriously consider expanding your short list and doing more research into some awfully good contenders. But granted, the 1911 will last several lifetimes and be a joy to own. I think everyone oughtta have at least one 1911.

With the Bersa, you do get a lot more gun than you pay for - nice pistols. I found mine to be accurate & feature filled. Only knock for me is that the grip was too large for my hands.

You'd probably be satisfied with the Ruger however, too.

I purchased a new SR9c

Oops, nevermind. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom