Nosler ballistic tip fail - TWICE!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure why the search won't find it but using an iPad, the pic is on page 26. Photobucket flopped it sideways.

My search-fu is weak ....

If that's the exit wound - I don't know how it's different from what I experienced. Anything through heart kills.
MNT2012.jpg

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My search-fu is weak ....

If that's the exit wound - I don't know how it's different from what I experienced. Anything through heart kills.
MNT2012.jpg

Search wouldn't find it for me either. That's the entrance. Exit side was pretty gory so tried to keep that out of the pic. Maybe I misunderstood the thread being about BT failure. Mine haven't so far. That was all I was bringing up.

Last edited:

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Search wouldn't find it for me either. That's the entrance. Exit side was pretty gory so tried to keep that out of the pic. Maybe I misunderstood the thread being about BT failure. Mine haven't so far. That was all I was bringing up.

Thanks for clearing that up - my exit wound look like your entrance, hence the "whining".

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up - my exit wound look like your entrance, hence the "whining".

You're not whining. You reported your experience. BTs have not worked for you for whatever reason. They have worked for me, for whatever reason. Lots of variables. You have lost faith in them so you should find something that performs for you. Everybody's on the same page the way I see it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another BT experience yesterday. 240 yd (Measured), 300WM, 180gr BT. Impact velocity probably 2200-2300fps. Entry in front of right shoulder/ base of neck, traversed the tops of both lungs and trachea, tore the aorta and exited behind the left shoulder. Very small exit wound (No bleeding) suggests it dumped its energy inside and just pushed a hole on the way out. Deer went down immediately, kicked a few times and laid still. Approx 3" hole/ destroyed ribs in far side rib cage illustrates the energy imparted within.

OP- any word yet on what your impact velocity was?

Latest posts

Top Bottom