Not a trick or treater!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I lived in a subdivision, I used to hand out popcorn balls from The Popcorn Factory. Expensive, but I figured the kids would love a change of pace. Sure enough, after a few years, my house became the most popular one on the block on Halloween night, and I’d have 60-70 kids show up. The last year before I moved, two little boys came to my door. When I brought out two popcorn balls, one kid said to the other, “See, I told you this was the house!”

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been slow here for a few years and 12 trick or treaters was the norm for the last 8 years or so.

This year was better thankfully we had a bit over 20.
When my kids were in grade school 15 years ago we had well over 100 goblins show up.

Really good costumes this year.
Still have lots of candy and I made a Pumpkin pie from one pumpkin I carved.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was actually surprised seeing a few kids this year. What I see anymore is the trunk and treat stuff in parking lots. Probably safer. I don't dispense candy anymore, I only buy candy for the local canine center's Halloween trunk or treat party.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been slow here for a few years and 12 trick or treaters was the norm for the last 8 years or so.

This year was better thankfully we had a bit over 20.
When my kids were in grade school 15 years ago we had well over 100 goblins show up.

Really good costumes this year.
Still have lots of candy and I made a Pumpkin pie from one pumpkin I carved.
Good old days would get 2 pillow case full of candy every house participated

CanadianRiverRat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought the candy, wife put it in little Halloween bags and we even bought a new decoration this year, and nobody showed up. Now we have to figure out what to do with the candy. 18 or so little bags. Any of you guys around Edmond part of a church group that can use them? Maybe AA? Free to a good cause. :nolike:
Rick, if your decorations look like the pics you post......it's no wonder the kids won't come within 10 blocks of yer house!!!!!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the issue is the other neighbors do not participate and if you are at the end of a long road then it's not worth the walk for the kids to hit just 1 house so they pass and go down another street.

My neighbors have dropped the ball.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought the candy, wife put it in little Halloween bags and we even bought a new decoration this year, and nobody showed up. Now we have to figure out what to do with the candy. 18 or so little bags. Any of you guys around Edmond part of a church group that can use them? Maybe AA? Free to a good cause. :nolike:
We had one come by last night and were totally not ready. We hadn't one in like 10 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom