Now energy prices and stocks are tanking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We shall see. I can tell you Americans likely thought the same during the spanish flu, that didn't turn out so well for them.

Alive back then were you? So the Spanish Flu was notorious for killing health individuals, this virus is quite the contrast, in fact, the number of child deaths is shockingly low. Much lower than the flu we see every year.

Stop while you are ahead.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We shall see. I can tell you Americans likely thought the same during the spanish flu, that didn't turn out so well for them.
Except the Spanish Flu may not have killed most of "its" victims. There was a study in the last few years that said most of the people who died in that outbreak actually died of bacterial infections and other conditions brought on by generally poor sanitary conditions, not from the flu itself.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read that last night. Just looked and DVN and CLR are down to the mid $8 range. CHK is at a whopping $0.17 per share.

If one has some money that can sit awhile, right..freaking..now is time to back up the truck. This virus is going to burn out in 2 to 3 months and then things will get back to normal. It probably won't take that long. This is an obvious knee jerk reaction for the short term.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read that last night. Just looked and DVN and CLR are down to the mid $8 range. CHK is at a whopping $0.17 per share.

If one has some money that can sit awhile, right..freaking..now is time to back up the truck. This virus is going to burn out in 2 to 3 months and then things will get back to normal. It probably won't take that long. This is an obvious knee jerk reaction for the short term.
CHK has been dropping for a while, there was an article last week they were going to reverse split there stock because it was going to go off public trading it is so low. It has nothing to do with the current panic. And CHK isn't going to "get back to normal", what ever that is, $1.00 a share, for a while if ever. LOL IMHO

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will stay away from CHK.I would be tempted to pick up some DVN because at least they have a nice building they can sell once the creditors come nocking at their doors.OKE dropped 32% for a while this morning and they are a strong company.Some of the smaller oil and gas companys won't be here a year from now.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CHK has been dropping for a while, there was an article last week they were going to reverse split there stock because it was going to go off public trading it is so low. It has nothing to do with the current panic. And CHK isn't going to "get back to normal", what ever that is, $1.00 a share, for a while if ever. LOL IMHO
They've been under $1.00 for awhile now, as in months. I hold a little of it, I bought it on a lark with a little "mad" money just to hold on to to see what happens. They are the bastard step child on the NG stocks. Sure they have a ton of debt, still too much actually, but they've been chipping away at it for some time now and they get no credit for that at all. They are 2nd only to ExxonMobil in NG reserves and still get no respect at all on Wall Street. Even Cramer said that it's time to buy CHK and that was like 2 years ago. lol They are the Rodney Dangerfield of energy, I keep thinking that at some point one of the big majors is going to come in a snatch it up.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Coronavirus could very well be around for a minimum of 2 years, to think it won't stick around for awhile is short sighted, almost as short sighted as the US response to it has been. This thing has 28 day mother ******* incubation periods, and asymptomatic super carriers. This is ridiculous at this point. They aren't testing people who DO NOT HAVE SYMPTOMS, with a virus that has asymptomatic super carriers.......You can't make up that kind of stupid.

Every man woman and child alive needs to be tested at this point, and we only have supposedly 1,000,000 tests in the WHOLE of the USA, you think it's just gonna disappear? Sweet lord are a majority of people functionally mathematically dunce?

Are you a CNN or MSNBC reporter? Panic is what is causing the problem. More people die from common flu daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom