O-State's Blackmon Arrested For DUI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to wait for more info to come to light.

But, if he was drinking, & driving 30 mph over the limit what would the end result be for any of us here? These kids do get a lot of extra chances just because they are athletes.

It irritates me because our kids look up to these people and watch them on television, see them make mistakes like this and it's no big deal. Most of the time they get slapped on the wrist and it goes away. If it was us, we would definately be in more trouble than this.

All of this is - if he was drinking. But still athletes and the famous should be held to a higher standard.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My only question is would everyone's opinions be the same if he played for OU instead of OSU ?:nutkick:

My question is, how many are cutting him slack because of who he is? If this was a kid off the street, I don't think you'd see the sympathy you're seeing here.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i cant understand why these guys dont realize what a good deal they've got and be smart enough not to jeopardize it by doing stupid stuff.

however,i dont think he's been cut any slack for who he is. at least on this site. if he was drinking and driving, or if the tickets were illegally obtained, then there should be appropriate repercussions. if he wasnt, then not a big deal. sit out a game and move on. if your neighbors kid got caught speeding and it was SUSPECTED he MIGHT have drank a beer, but was obviously not drunk, would you expect it to end his carreer chances or keep him out of college? if anything, i think it may be tougher on him because of who he is

Latest posts

Top Bottom