O-State's Blackmon Arrested For DUI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It really wasn't a big deal other than the 92 in a 60. He smelled of alcohol, passed the field sobriety test, no breathalyzer or blood test given. Seems that in the great state of Texas if you are underage just the smell will get you the class c. It could be something as simple as having a beer spilled on him at Jerry's world. How bad could it have possibly been for a $345 fine? I figure 92 in a 60 will cost me more than $345 in Oklahoma. The truck belonged to one of the passengers, which was another OSU receiver.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was the bond, not the fine.

Bartram said Blackmon has until Nov. 23 to contact the Carrollton municipal court in regards to both the speeding citation and the DUI (defined in Denton County, Texas, as a Class C misdemeanor). Ultimately, Blackmon can contest the DUI charge or pay a $375 fine.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...ectid=93&articleid=20101026_93_0_ACarro324261

I stand corrected, it was $375 not $345. Reading is apparently not my strong suit.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some how I doubt the "I'm young and dumb herp derp" excuse would have worked on anyone interested in what I was doing with myself.

We must be the only ones.

Hell Dustin, I know you think you are 100...but I think you're about my age. I know we're well under 40! We're just kids! Mommy I got 'rested n lost driving lizcenz n can't operate my bizness no mores! You pay mortgage plz? lol gtg

What a load. At what age do I become responsible for my behavior? Is it 40? It must be 40.

Let hold off on crucifying him just yet ok.

Why?
The collective "we" (not me) worships college athletes, it's only natural to tear them down.

Should we wait until he's a man? Wait until he's a man and 40? He's nice to the press! He's polite to old ladies! He's just a baby! He has to wait until he's 40 to become a man, it's tradition now in that circle.

College football is for some reason a huge deal in these parts. You can easily become a celebrity. If they don't want their mother crying over a critical sports page piece, or the world laughing at their dumbass, immature, spoiled brat behavior...they should have joined the chess club. Then it would not be news.

I don't care what you're coach says, or that you're not 40...you're a man. Act like it.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bartram said Blackmon has until Nov. 23 to contact the Carrollton municipal court in regards to both the speeding citation and the DUI (defined in Denton County, Texas, as a Class C misdemeanor). Ultimately, Blackmon can contest the DUI charge or pay a $375 fine.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...ectid=93&articleid=20101026_93_0_ACarro324261

I stand corrected, it was $375 not $345. Reading is apparently not my strong suit.

I find it hard to believe that in the state of Texas that a DUI is only going to run him $75. That speeding ticket alone is going to cost $300.

http://www.cityofcarrollton.com/index.aspx?page=310

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that in the state of Texas that a DUI is only going to run him $75. That speeding ticket alone is going to cost $300.

http://www.cityofcarrollton.com/index.aspx?page=310

That is what I was saying. I can't imagine that it is that big of a deal for the fine that was quoted in the paper. The paper very possibly could be incorrect, or the whole thing could just be blown out of proportion.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my question. How did a college kid get tickets to that game? Those tickets are $300 +. Are his parents well off? Just curious

This. The underage driking problem (stupid as it is given his situation) can be taken care of but the question of where the tickets came from will likely cause an investigation. "Student athletes" cannot accept gifts. In my opinion, that's why Dez's name was tossed out.....helping to point the finger as it were. For OSU's sake....he better have a receipt....and....he better sit it out till they figure out the ticket thing since any games he plays in will be forfeit if any wrong doing is uncovered. Idiot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom