"Obama Is a Republican"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So...what I hear y'all saying is that people who seek political power...tend to seek to increase that power?

Gee, that almost sounds like "both" parties are Statists at heart. They may not always agree on where to point the gun, but they don't seem to have any problem using it one way or another.

They are both just fine with more gov and regulation as long as it suits their agendas, but then only one of them claims to be the party of "smaller gov and less regulation" but really isn't.

The only ones with a consistent claim for a smaller gov role are libertarians and lately even some of them are falling off the wagon.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A large number of the conservative repubs I know are now turning libertarian, what's up with dat?

I've seen a lot of Libertarians call them "temporarily embarrassed republicans".

I know some liberals claiming to be independents.

On a side note, can the rest of you tell how desperate the liberals are getting? They know they are in trouble this election when even Democrats are getting up and walking out on Obama. :D :D

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they want limited .gov and less regulation when it comes to women's healthcare?
Immigration?
Voting?

Or do they want more?
Women's healthcare, conservatives would rather not be involved, but if you force us we do not want to pay for the termination of pregnancies.

Immigration, conservatives do not want or need bigger government, we want a secure border and existing laws to be inforced.

Voting, conservatives just want to verify that the voter is actually alive.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Women's healthcare, conservatives would rather not be involved, but if you force us we do not want to pay for the termination of pregnancies.
Then what's up with all the legislation to require women to have an ultrasound exam before abortion?
Don't want to pay for a $10 pill but paying for a $500 ultrasound is just fine.

Immigration, conservatives do not want or need bigger government, we want a secure border and existing laws to be inforced.
Sen Rubio says he plans to intraoduce federal legislation to ban visitors from several west African countries as soon congress returns to work.
How does restricting the number of voting days and hours do that?

You have your agendas and you're willing to employ the power of government to fulfill those agendas.
That's what I said.
The only difference is you have different agendas from liberals, not your willingness to embrace gov solutions to those agendas.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does restricting voting days and hours affect liberals more than conservatives? How does requiring an ID to vote affect liberals more than conservatives? Please, I really want to understand the logic behind the argument.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does restricting voting days and hours affect liberals more than conservatives? How does requiring an ID to vote affect liberals more than conservatives? Please, I really want to understand the logic behind the argument.
I'm sure you've seen the long lines at the polls in states like FL and OH.
How much longer do you think those lines will be with fewer days to vote and fewer voting machines?
Never seem to be any long lines at the polls in the wealthy areas though.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

In the bedroom, conservatives just want to tell you who you can and can't sleep with, without regard to whether the other person consents.

In...well, everywhere, conservatives just want to tell you what you can and can't put in your body, even if it grows wild.

In the international sphere, conservatives just want to dictate to other countries how they'll behave, and enforce that at the point of every gun from a Special Forces operator's sidearm to a helicopter-carried Vulcan cannon. They believe in "national sovereignty" for the US, but the US's "right" to override that sovereignty anywhere it suits us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom