"Obama Is a Republican"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I notice that lawmakers in WI passed a law that makes it illegal for teachers to bargain collectively.
Is that less gov or more?

Good grief, your quoting Michigan as a source? Their republican candidates qualify as liberal extremist in Ok.

Union membership for teachers? You've got to be kidding me.
That union is not about improving education. Its about protecting tenured jobs and political jerrymandering.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I notice that lawmakers in WI passed a law that makes it illegal for teachers to bargain collectively.
You're talking about gov't employees and the gov't. That's not really more or less gov't, unless they start firing said employees. Then, by definition, it'd be less gov't...

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love watching party supporters try to debate. It's 10% statistics, and 90% people shoving other people into little convenient narrative boxes.

It doesn't even look real anymore.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The article references Nixon but you can go back at least as far as Eisenhower and find big .gov Republicans.
Eisenhower years marked by huge spending programs for infrastructure and public health projects and sky high tax rates.
Nixon was his VP.

I suppose there is even a case to be made that Hoover was a big .gov republican.

When the Wall Street Crash of 1929 struck less than eight months after he took office, Hoover tried to combat the ensuing Great Depression with government enforced efforts, public works projects such as the Hoover Dam, tariffs such as the Smoot-Hawley Tariff, an increase in the top tax bracket from 25% to 63%, and increases in corporate taxes.[3] These initiatives did not produce economic recovery during his term, but served as the groundwork for some policies incorporated in Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal.

So...what I hear y'all saying is that people who seek political power...tend to seek to increase that power?

Gee, that almost sounds like "both" parties are Statists at heart. They may not always agree on where to point the gun, but they don't seem to have any problem using it one way or another.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Statist agitprop. Keep thinking that those who slurp at any gov trough are going to eliminate their livelihoods.

The only things being cut are those things that are Constitutionally mandated. The rest is going to buy votes so they can maintain the illusion that public servants are real.

Latest posts

Top Bottom