off the topic.. dune buggy question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbi83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive noticed AR and MO have street legal dune buggies and ive also seen a 2 sneaking around Tulsa so my question can a sand rail dune buggy be made street legal in Okla?? or are we just stuck with the fiberglass ones?

Also what if i bought one titled in say AR or MO will it still be considered street legal in Okla?

im having a tough time getting a straight answer, someone forwarded me the tax.ok site and i didnt understand it..

thanks for any help you can give me.

okie_gunslinger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of the fiberglass ones I've ever seen were built on VW Beetle chassis so they are tagged and taxed under the Bugs VIN. Some of the sandrails I've seen use modified VW chassis and I believe that they do the same thing.

I've seen street legal sand rails at my local tag agency so it can be done. My guess is that you have to put headlights, tail lights, and turn signals on. Have you tried calling a tag agency? They should be able to tell you how it's done.

kbi83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
hey thanks, ive seen a few glass ones around Tulsa, but i would really like to have a rail to cruise around in.. ill do some more checking.

kbi83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i dont think its that easy.. ive seen sand rails everywhere in MO, AR and even up in MI but only 2 in Tulsa... i would think their would be more if it was easy

Latest posts

Top Bottom