Off to basic in 2 days...See you all in 4 months.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ft Hood in the summer of '77 was no cake walk, believe me. You did enjoy the cold morning PT before the blast furnace got warmed up for the rest of the day.

I think the best part of Basic/AIT was the last few days, when we were basically told to stay in our rooms and be quiet, and we got to watch the cattle trucks arrive at the barracks across from us and newbies pour out of them with DI's all over them. Ahhhhh the good times.

Thanks for serving, be safe and good luck in your future carreer.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys. I have a lot of anticipation built up but mostly I'm just ready to complete training I'm gonna miss the wife and kiddos a ton, but I'm definitely looking forward to the challenge.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys. I have a lot of anticipation built up but mostly I'm just ready to complete training I'm gonna miss the wife and kiddos a ton, but I'm definitely looking forward to the challenge.

RA, NG or Reserve? If RA, do you know where you're going to be stationed this summer?

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im leaving for OSUT (Basic + Ait) in 2 days. I'll be going to Ft. Benning, GA for 14 weeks. You guys are a lot of fun and I'm gonna miss BS'ing on here and looking through the classfieds at a bunch of stuff I want but can't have. See you all when I get back.

You're a better man than I,..good luck.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ft Hood in the summer of '77 was no cake walk, believe me. You did enjoy the cold morning PT before the blast furnace got warmed up for the rest of the day.

I think the best part of Basic/AIT was the last few days, when we were basically told to stay in our rooms and be quiet, and we got to watch the cattle trucks arrive at the barracks across from us and newbies pour out of them with DI's all over them. Ahhhhh the good times.

Thanks for serving, be safe and good luck in your future carreer.

so are you implying that being in a tank in Hood during the summer is hot...dang braggart..

Bet that was hotter than hades for real. Op doing Benning this time of year will be cold, but they got much better gear that what you had in the 70's and us in the 80's. thank goodness. Good luck OP..keep us posted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom