Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went hunting for my first time last week with my father in law out in Eakly. Had a late lunch Thanksgiving day, had a nap and then headed out about 3:30. Drove into the field and counted 13 does running for the tree line. Got into the stand, about 20 minutes later saw a doe with a fawn getting chased by a young buck. About another half hour or so saw another doe head over by the feeder/peanut pile. Decided to take her, she was about 150 yards out. This was my first deer ever so I was a little amped up before the shot, had to really concentrate to slow my breathing down, crosshairs were figure 8-ing all over the place. Got calmed down and broke the shot with my suppressed 18" AR, SPR style, with a Black Hills Mk262, 77gr SMK. Hit her behind the shoulder, she ran through(not over) the fence, found her about 50-75 yards away. Figure she was about 100 lbs and around 3 years old.

[Broken External Image]

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats on deer hump!

Was watching some geese and ducks pour into a field this evening and glassed over the edge of the field. Seen two really good bucks chasing a doe hard. Beautiful sunset.

Tumbleweed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of ours got her first deer tonight. With her Camaro! DOH! Luckily she and her daughter are OK and the car surprisingly wasn't hurt too bad. It was a young 6 point. GW said there's been a bunch of young bucks getting killed on the roads lately.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
5 bucks, 7 doe this evening, no shooters. Was distracted all evening by constant flights of ducks so I may have missed a few deer lol. A buddy shot a nice one this morning that was chasing hard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom