Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Been off work last 4 days hunting with my boy he was rifle hunting and me with the crossbow if they are close I get to shot if not he gets to. Hunted 4 days lots of doe and small 1 1/2 yr old bucks. Seen one 125" 10 point. No mature bucks sighted and I haven't seen any on camera either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out for the first time since the ice storm started. Waded through mud all the way to the stand. No fresh tracks in the swamp. I did see a short tailed mountain lion.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out Monday eve - waded to stand, the whole place is covered with water. Couldn't drive in with Bigfoot. Saw zero deer, right at dark two pigs showed up. I dropped one, waded the creek to go gut it, drug it back to the road. Long night, but totally worth it.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the pig! I shot a big old sow 2 Sundays ago, found blood but never found her, I'm sure the coyotes did though. My planned hunt this morning was ruined by work so here I sit looking out the window on a perfect morning to be in the woods. I saw deer moving everywhere on my way to work this am. Guess I will try to go again tomorrow.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the pig! I shot a big old sow 2 Sundays ago, found blood but never found her, I'm sure the coyotes did though. My planned hunt this morning was ruined by work so here I sit looking out the window on a perfect morning to be in the woods. I saw deer moving everywhere on my way to work this am. Guess I will try to go again tomorrow.

Good luck! I'm done until next week - drew in at Sequoyah, gonna try to kill a couple does with my muzzleloader.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My little brother got his first buck this morning. An 8pt with the Remington .270. Neat thing is he used the same gun and same box of ammo that I got my first buck with years ago and my little sister got her first buck with last year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom