Oh No! Another birther question.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The media made sure that everyone knew it. They also demanded his health records. It seems like the media does not look into Obama very hard. I would like to see them just ask him some real questions.
I never heard anyone in the media question John McCain's elegibility to be president. AND YOU DIDN'T EITHER. That's what makes this whole exercise so painfully ridiculous.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're born over seas, and 1 parent is a U. S. citizen, doesn't that make you a citizen?
Serious question, I really don't know.
http://travel.state.gov/law/family_issues/birth/birth_593.html

Not exactly, as there are certain requirements for the parent that is a U.S. citizen to have been in the U.S. based on some periods of time.

"Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock
A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) of the INA provided the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen, is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.) The U.S. citizen parent must be genetically related to the child to transmit U.S. citizenship."

There is even more at this site for the same "base" site that you cited:

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_5199.html

There has been at least some speculation that Obama's mother did not meet the time requirement for "physical presence." It makes one want to consider researching to see if his mother did fulfill the law's requirement.

As for it being too late because he is already the President, some have said that if he were not a true citizen, he had gained the Presidency by fraud and that at least all his "signatory" actions are null and void. If that were true, wouldn't every law and executive order that he has signed be illegal?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember that ,Shadow. I prolly didn't pay it anymind. Just goes to show you'll see things in the New York Times that you won't see anywhere else. btw; that times article concludes that McCain was elegible to be president.

No it doesn't. It provides several opinions that say he's eligible and provides some cases for reference. But make no mistake they were stirring the pot.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No it doesn't. It provides several opinions that say he's eligible and provides some cases for reference. But make no mistake they were stirring the pot.
They were not the only one. When they could not get him on this is when they started to demand his health records. This was kind of my whole point. Alot of people do not know things, because the media will not report them. Not to mention that alot of people have put on blinders to what is going on now.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never heard anyone in the media question John McCain's elegibility to be president. AND YOU DIDN'T EITHER. That's what makes this whole exercise so painfully ridiculous.
I think McCain earned his shot. Not my first choice, but I do think he earned it if for no other reason than his military service.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Give me a reason why if either parent is a natural citizen, a child shouldnt be a natural citizen?

The citizenship laws are archaic and stupid. The requirements to run for and hold political offices should only be based on being the child of a natural citizen and being a realistic resident of a particular state. No more Clinton(NY), Romney(Mass), Paul(TN) and others scamming residency requirments.

Latest posts

Top Bottom