Oh the JOY of being in the country and owning chickens.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnuner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, here is a story that happened today that I must tell. I get home around 3:25 this afternoon to find my AR and half full 20 round mag laying on my bed along with a number of spent rounds. My oldest son had been home all day so I go to ask him why he was shooting my AR and not his (didn’t matter to me, I was just curious). Then I notice our security cameras pulled up on our TV and I think “OH CRAP did we have an intruder and he ran them off with gunfire???” Why didn’t he call me or 911??? About that time he comes out of the bathroom and says there was a coyote after the chickens!!

Ok whew!! That’s all. He said yeah. He was in the bathtub getting ready for work and heard the chickens making a commotion and looked out the window and saw a coyote after them.:censored: So he grabs the nearest gun to him at the time (my AR was in the bathroom closet) and runs out and starts shooting at the coyote. Now notice I said he was in the bathtub and didn’t say anything about him getting DRESSED!! He runs out on the back porch blasting away at this vermin BUTT NAKED!!! Suddenly I picture this and start laughing hysterically.:rotflmao: Finally I regain composure and say “well did you get him?” He says I don’t think so, it fell once but got back up and ran off. I was too rushed plus I didn’t have any clothes on. Ok now I’m rolling in the floor picturing this 18 year old kid blasting away like it’s WWIII with all parts flying everywhere.:lmfao: Personally I think the coyote fell down laughing before he ran off. Fortunately no chickens were harmed although they may not look my son the same way again!!:o Oh and yes there is some video, fortunately none of him shooting.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Once, I caught a whole family of coons in the chicken coop. About 6-7 of them. They were all in there from a hole in the roof, and they were trapped. -And poor me, with only a flashlight and a glock 17.
That was the day I went from mild-mannered college student to stone cold killer.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife talked me into killing a rat snake in the coop while wearing only rubber boots & a shovel.

I would hate to have seen that video.

Last edited:

pnuner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny thing is he grabs my rifle with a red dot, from the bathroom closet. On the way to the back door he passes 2 shotguns w/buckshot plus his AR with 3x scope plus a couple of .22s loaded with CCI stingers that have iron sights. Now the problem with my AR is the red dot has to be TURNED ON to work. He didn't turn it ON!! Oh an it also has a flip up rear sight. Nope didn't use that either :slap: Now after it's all over he goes back in the house and puts on underwear (at least) get's his scoped .308 and goes back out to see if he can spot the run away coyote in the field behind the house. He is thinking now because he get ear protection. So now picture this 6'5 teenager walking around the yard in his skivvies carrying a bolt action, scoped rifle and wearing earmuffs. (BTW that I DO have video of :D ). Can't say we don't have some redneck in the family :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom