Oil Earthquakes confirmed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere a village is looking...looking hard.. for a missing idiot.

Are you missing your village? Haha sorry. Don't take it so seriously. I'm not attacking you but pointing out the irony of your position. Vote your conscious and I'll vote mine. If you have evidence that oil is blameless, start a thread and post it up.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do any of you realize that the rate of earthquakes in California went down as the rate of earthquakes here in Oklahoma went up? It's as close to directly proportional as you can get. The "survey" folks always seem to ignore that fact. Don't forget, when the New Madrid fault quaked back in 1811-1812, there were no injection wells around.

This whole man made quake crap is as bogus as man made global warming. There is no empirical evidence for either. As for the quakes, no one has come out and said that water injection is the cause without some form of equivocation. They always add the "likely" factor to their statements. They don't know one way or the other.

Woody

What does California have to do with Oklahoma quakes? Did the quakes migrate some how and settle in the central part of the state??
There is TON UPON TONS of evidence for global warming, but "some" people refuse to acknowledge the scientists findings. Those "same" people will refuse to listen to scientists about injection wells. Just wasting your breath.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Just wasting your breath."

That's the point of a forum I guess. You say A, either I agree with A or make a case for something else, B. Oh you're a son of a ***** for supporting A. There's plenty of evidence for B. I bet I can make you spend $40 defending A. People who support topic A don't love America. You'll see how quick America starts hurting once B goes away!

The wild part is when you take someone you would otherwise get along with, take me and Dennis for example. Then we both just act like douches about the things we don't agree on.

Anyway, that's a forum.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does California have to do with Oklahoma quakes? Did the quakes migrate some how and settle in the central part of the state??
There is TON UPON TONS of evidence for global warming, but "some" people refuse to acknowledge the scientists findings. Those "same" people will refuse to listen to scientists about injection wells. Just wasting your breath.

There's tons and tons of evidence that a lot of the "science" that supports CAGW is skewed, altered, or flat out made up.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wild part is when you take someone you would otherwise get along with, take me and Dennis for example. Then we both just act like douches about the things we don't agree on.

I'm not acting like a douche, I'm trying to be reasonable. I don't have a position either way. Maybe they cause them, maybe they don't. I'd like to see facts, not firm belief disguised as fact (on either side).

The article in the OP does not "confirm oil earthquakes". It discusses an observed correlation between disposal wells and quakes. That is not proof that wells are causing our quakes...by any reasonable and accepted scientific method.

The person who levies the charge has the burden of proof. Surely someone can come up with an independent study that recreates/proves/demonstrates that disposal wells initiate earthquakes. Anyone? I sincerely would love to read it.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not acting like a douche, I'm trying to be reasonable. I don't have a position either way. Maybe they cause them, maybe they don't. I'd like to see facts, not firm belief disguised as fact (on either side).

The article in the OP does not "confirm oil earthquakes". It discusses an observed correlation between disposal wells and quakes. That is not proof that wells are causing our quakes...by any reasonable and accepted scientific method.

Let me ask this from a disinterested 3rd party point of view (not someone benefiting from the oil/gas industry), what would enough proof to convince you that industry activity is in fact the reason for the rapid and unprecedented rise in earthquakes. At what point is there enough evidence to act?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The person who levies the charge has the burden of proof. Surely someone can come up with an independent study that recreates/proves/demonstrates that disposal wells initiate earthquakes. Anyone? I sincerely would love to read it.

Your inability to act like an ass in this situation is not conducive to heated A/B discussions and butthurt PMs. You should put the needs of the forum ahead of this realm of logic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom