Oil Earthquakes confirmed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the "the science is settled" position coming from folks based on this "revelation" from the OKGS.

From the article:

I'm no Bill Nye, but I'm pretty sure "correlation does not imply causation" is like Science 101 sh&t. Correlation might indicate a relationship, but it in no way does it "confirm" anything.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'd like to see actual scientific study/proof, not "we consider it likely because we looked at some charts and graphs".

What you believe and don't believe is one thing, but to ignore evidence or to dismiss it is ludicrous. How can you prove that it's not the gas wells?
There is a problem with proving things. By your logic one has to prove that the same cause is responsible on a cloudy day, a rainy day, a sunny day, when it 75, 76,77,78 etc. etc. One can claim that anything is at fault. LITERALLY ANYTHING. But what evidence is there? In this case there is substantial evidence that the increase in gas wells is correlated with an increase in earthquakes

But then again. What proof is there that jesus is god's son?

(Im not saying he is or isn't, just asking....what proof is there?)

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's apples and oranges mang
Same thing.

Oil Injection wells relieving all that bad pressure that mother nature builds up in the crust is a good thing.
Nuclear Radiation making people healthier than they would have been without it is another good thing.

I'm guessing that the executives at Blue Bell would tell me a little bit of listeria never hurt anyone.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you can boil this down to one thing. You can read the facts as they are presented and say "Nope, not happening. Not the oil and gas industry's fault." And that is your right. Or you can read the facts and say, "seems pretty damn obvious what is going on here" and that's your right too. At the end of the day, you need to decide for yourself what the facts say and vote accordingly. That's what's left of our democracy.

I'd love to see scientific fact. I'm not defending or condemning the oil and gas industry based on the half measure, correlation equals "confirmed" stuff we've seen so far.

I'd really be open to read actual proof. Got any links?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same thing.

Oil Injection wells relieving all that bad pressure that mother nature builds up in the crust is a good thing.
Nuclear Radiation making people healthier than they would have been without it is another good thing.

I'm guessing that the executives at Blue Bell would tell me a little bit of listeria never hurt anyone.
That's ridiculous Hobbs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom