OK Governor's polls- they were WAY off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an adequate solution for them. Work and pay your own way. Do not expect the rest of us to feed your offspring, we have our own responsibilities to pay for. Find some bleeding heart organization to leech off of and don't burden the taxpayers.

That work ok?
That is precisely why we need to improve or drastically change the current adoption system. I currently know of 3 couples actively seeking to adopt children. It costs them 10's of thousands. Most goes to attorneys. Make it easier and orphan problem cured. The current system involves the government and is costly. May still be costly but if money goes to a mom that would have otherwise aborted, it potentially gives her a chance to do better. Laws could be set up to eliminate the possibility of women just selling babies. No one is looking at all sides of the issue, our politicians are failing horribly. As for older Americans, chronically ill, there are serious threats to them with socialized medicine. If everyone gets it from the government, no one will get good health care accept the wealthy. It dumbfounds me how anyone can trust the government, especially when it comes to healthcare.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is precisely why we need to improve or drastically change the current adoption system. I currently know of 3 couples actively seeking to adopt children. It costs them 10's of thousands. Most goes to attorneys. Make it easier and orphan problem cured. The current system involves the government and is costly. May still be costly but if money goes to a mom that would have otherwise aborted, it potentially gives her a chance to do better. Laws could be set up to eliminate the possibility of women just selling babies. No one is looking at all sides of the issue, our politicians are failing horribly. As for older Americans, chronically ill, there are serious threats to them with socialized medicine. If everyone gets it from the government, no one will get good health care accept the wealthy. It dumbfounds me how anyone can trust the government, especially when it comes to healthcare.
Drag a few hundos through the Section 8 apartment complex and they can buy a baby. May not have the best selection or be top performer, but you do what you gotta do.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have difficulty believing that the mom that would now abort the baby, is going to instead choose to carry the baby to term and then give it up for adoption for a little money. I mean, how much money are we talking?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have difficulty believing that the mom that would now abort the baby, is going to instead choose to carry the baby to term and then give it up for adoption for a little money. I mean, how much money are we talking?
Enough to support her meth habit and pay rent for her and her babydaddy who just got out of jail again.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crap! Since Gov. Stitt will be term-limited in 2026, does that mean we'll have to put up with the Joyless one again? Will she switch back to the Republican party, stay a Democrat, or go independent? Will this make her Oklahoma's Charlie Crist?

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The same argument you are using to abort babies was the same argument Nazi Germany used to eliminate schizophrenics and mentally challenged. Women have 5 choices now:

1) Birth Control (many choices there.)
2) Be picky about your partners.
3) Abstinence.
4) Adoption (there are many couples who want to adopt, no shortages there)
5) Abortion. Just not in this state unless the gestation of a child could harm or endanger the woman's life.

I thought sex ed in schools was supposed to end unwanted babies? Another MASSIVE FAILURE on the part of education and government.

A change in adoption laws would be very very beneficial. Perhaps a minimal sum to a mother who gives her baby up for adoption, less money to the attorneys. Also a better system if the mother or father does not want to ever hear from the child or offspring.
6) men stop being rapists.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6) men stop being rapists.
Wasn't aware that many men were rapists. It does happen, but statistically does not result in pregnancy. This does not mean I condone rape, rape is despicable. Perhaps the death penalty should be the best punishment. As for what you are alluding to another stipulation that is present in some anti abortion laws.

Latest posts

Top Bottom