OKC Area gun clubs- OKCGC or TCGC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortlineHogger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am looking at joining one or the other for a regular place to shoot outdoors-what is the consensus, any of you members of both at one time or another? Any advantage for one over the other? Both are about equal distance to me, give or take, so that's irrelevant-I like all the different shooting disciplines offered at OKCGC, especially the shotgun stuff, both skeet and trap-thats a bonus for me...any other reason to pick one over the other?

ShortlineHogger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which is closer, and will that affect how often you go?

About the same, distance isn't a consideration really-I live in Yukon so they both require a decent drive. Mostly looking for a feel for each-is it hard to get range time, helpful, overall member attitude-gun enthusiast or camo wearing mall ninja snipers? Facilities comparison-shooting benches? Covered? indoor club area? That kind of thing.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear that Tri City is going to be building a new road, clubhouse, and they are currently working on a skeet or trap range. They also just built a nice archery course. With the # of members and the membership fee TCGC should have a bunch of money to build more stuff. With that said OKCGC is about 15-20 years ahead if TCGC on the building process. OKCGC has bigger bays, longer rangers, more ranges, more and bigger events, etc.

kerryt1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About the same, distance isn't a consideration really-I live in Yukon so they both require a decent drive. Mostly looking for a feel for each-is it hard to get range time, helpful, overall member attitude-gun enthusiast or camo wearing mall ninja snipers? Facilities comparison-shooting benches? Covered? indoor club area? That kind of thing.

I'm a member of the OKCGC and happy. The TCGC is fine, and I would probably shoot there if I lived in Norman. Otherwise, OKC for me. I've never had a problem getting on the range but I always check the calendar beforehand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom