OKC Area gun clubs- OKCGC or TCGC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear that Tri City is going to be building a new road, clubhouse, and they are currently working on a skeet or trap range. They also just built a nice archery course. With the # of members and the membership fee TCGC should have a bunch of money to build more stuff. With that said OKCGC is about 15-20 years ahead if TCGC on the building process. OKCGC has bigger bays, longer rangers, more ranges, more and bigger events, etc.
+1. I'm a member at TCGC and like it because it is a nice range and it's close to me. At the last orientation they told us that the bylaws limit the total memberhip at 1200 (which is full). They also stated that it was the same number that OKCGC has in their bylaws. So if the drive isn't a factor the OKCGC IS the place to go since there is alot more shooting available.

Both ranges are very nice but OKC just offers more.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I belong to TCGC and have never been to OKCGC - my decision was based on logistics alone, it's MUCH closer to home. I have been told that OKCGC is a nicer club, but TCGC meets all my needs and is developing all the time. I really like the guys I have met out at Tri City too - I still haven't met a jerk out there.

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had membership at both clubs for a few years. I finally let my membership at TCGC go. The facilities at OKC are that much better.

Curly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am looking at joining one or the other for a regular place to shoot outdoors-what is the consensus, any of you members of both at one time or another? Any advantage for one over the other? Both are about equal distance to me, give or take, so that's irrelevant-I like all the different shooting disciplines offered at OKCGC, especially the shotgun stuff, both skeet and trap-thats a bonus for me...any other reason to pick one over the other?

I live in Yukon and belong to OKCGC,for the simple fact of being able to practice what I shoot{USPSA,3GUN and REVOLVER} without having to worry about if there is going to be a place to shoot,because of some match going on.I belonged to TRICITY years ago before OKCGC would allow action pistol and it was great. As far as travel goes I just hit the turnpike and go,20-25 minutes and your there,A little quicker than going down south
Just depends on what ya want

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
About the same, distance isn't a consideration really-I live in Yukon so they both require a decent drive. Mostly looking for a feel for each-is it hard to get range time, helpful, overall member attitude-gun enthusiast or camo wearing mall ninja snipers? Facilities comparison-shooting benches? Covered? indoor club area? That kind of thing.
If you live in Yukon, what about Banner Road??

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a TCGC member and they have just refinished 2 ranges, about half way finished on the skeet range and they are going to build a large club house this year. Currently they have a full member ship and people are being added to the waiting list. What I like about it is that I can bring any of my friends or family as many times as I want as my guests without a charge or them having to join.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Membership dues the first year are $230 - $180 annual dues and $50 initiation fee. The first two years you are a member, you are an Associate Working Member. This means that the first two years of membership you are required to spend one day per year providing some type of work for the club. This can be anything from helping with a match on one of the ranges to cutting brush and mowing. The club has several scheduled work days during the year and the various Divisions schedule workdays for just their range. You are responsible for making arrangements and completing your workday obligation." okcgc

If I paid $230 I should not have to do chores around the club. Just my opinion

Latest posts

Top Bottom