OKC Area gun clubs- OKCGC or TCGC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to shoot at Banner Road but there are rules that limit exactly what you can do. If you want to shoot on a bench at no greater than 100yds then Banner might be for you. However, punching holes at 100yds can get rather boring after awhile.

I joined OKCGC for the longer range shooting. OKCGC plinking range goes to 300yds, not even mentioning the 500m silhouette range, 600yd hipower range, pistol plinking range, cowboy action range, shotgun/clay range, and others. As long as there is not a match going on, a lot of members use the cowboy action range bays to setup targets at different distances to practice shooting on the move or IPSC/IPSA.

The only thing Banner can compete on is maybe price. Banner cannot compare to the quality of the facilities at OKCGC!!!

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to shoot at Banner Road but there are rules that limit exactly what you can do. If you want to shoot on a bench at no greater than 100yds then Banner might be for you. However, punching holes at 100yds can get rather boring after awhile.

I joined OKCGC for the longer range shooting. OKCGC plinking range goes to 300yds, not even mentioning the 500m silhouette range, 600yd hipower range, pistol plinking range, cowboy action range, shotgun/clay range, and others. As long as there is not a match going on, a lot of members use the cowboy action range bays to setup targets at different distances to practice shooting on the move or IPSC/IPSA.

The only thing Banner can compete on is maybe price. Banner cannot compare to the quality of the facilities at OKCGC!!!

If your a member do you still have to pay to shoot?

boomermet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I went to the orientation meeting for new members Saturday, jan, 9th at the OKCGC and we were both impressed with the way all the rules, safety measure etc. were explained...Looking forward to shooting there when its a little warmer...

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can shoot clays at OKCGC and not pay any extra?

Negative. Members pay $2 per round of 25 targets, guests pay $5. It's the only consumable that the club needs to be covered that I know of. There is a hand trap available if you want to burn your own clays, but I think they have to be biodegradable.

You can't get clays at wholesale that cheap. I remember at last year's orientation, they said the club went though about 650,000 targets in a year. I think they may get a deal somewhere. ;)

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your a member do you still have to pay to shoot?

As someone already posted, the only thing a member has to pay for is the clay pigeons if you shoot skeet. Otherwise, there are no real charges except if you want to shoot in some of the competitions.

As for the work day, you perform a work day for the next year. The way they explain it is you are paying extra since you did not work the year before you became a member. :bigeye: It is kind of logical that you would not have completed a work day the year before you became a member. It makes me wonder if you could setup a work day before you became a member to save the some money on the initial membership fees.

However, once you are a member you just do a work day and you save $80 on the next year's renewal. Not a bad deal since work days can be accomplished by working a match, one of the scheduled work days, helping rebuild target frames, weedeating or mowing. You have a lot of opportunities to get your one work day in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom