SUV Carrying 27 Crashes With Semi, Killing 15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The news report this morning said that “Human trafficking is being investigated” with this incident. The implication was pretty obvious from the scene footage with the majority of the officers on the scene wearing Border Patrol uniforms. The rest were CHP and a few that looked like County Sheriffs SUVs.

The most unusual thing I think I’ve ever seen on an accident scene was during the press conference at the scene. A spokesman from CHP was giving a statement at the scene standing behind a podium. Do they carry those things around in the SUVs for just such an occasion?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The news report this morning said that “Human trafficking is being investigated” with this incident. The implication was pretty obvious from the scene footage with the majority of the officers on the scene wearing Border Patrol uniforms. The rest were CHP and a few that looked like County Sheriffs SUVs.

The most unusual thing I think I’ve ever seen on an accident scene was during the press conference at the scene. A spokesman from CHP was giving a statement at the scene standing behind a podium. Do they carry those things around in the SUVs for just such an occasion?

I didn't watch any videos of this, so I don't have a clue, but did they happen to have a mobile command vehicle at the scene? If so, it is likely one is carried there.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every dollar spent dealing with illegals could be spent on American homeless and the poor. Democrats want an open border and Republicans don’t. Simple as that. Now write a 3 paragraph response full of BS.
We have trillions to prop up corporations that are too big to fail, but we don't have trillions to spend on the homeless? Congress could at any time allocate funds to take care of that, but they haven't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, you seem to care about the lives lost among 27 in a car crash, one of which could have been avoided with common sense "travel plans." But, you don't want to address the 60 million-plus lives lost. I guess your "viewpoint" doesn't consider unborn babies to be lives lost if they are aborted. Oh, and this wasn't very far off topic.
15 as of the last time I saw the article, but who's counting. Again, I'm not getting drawn in there --- too broad a topic, too little entertainment value compared to the typing for an audience that has proven they don't read what I say with the intention of listening to begin with.

But they are still breaking our laws and causing billions of our tax dollars to go to their healthcare, their education and to too many, their incarceration. Not even counting the billions of US dollars that they send out of the country that hurts our economy.

To this, despite what liberal coloring books will mindlessly parrot, they are a negative investment to our economy.
I was wondering when your third go-to phrase "liberal coloring books" was going to come out.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
15 as of the last time I saw the article, but who's counting. Again, I'm not getting drawn in there --- too broad a topic, too little entertainment value compared to the typing for an audience that has proven they don't read what I say with the intention of listening to begin with.

In other words, maybe you advocate for "abortion rights?" If that is true, then I understand your reluctance.

Have a good day.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In other words, maybe you advocate for "abortion rights?" If that is true, then I understand your reluctance.

Have a good day.
Quit drawing shaky assumptions just because they fit your narrative. We both know you're better than that.

We also both know that there simply will not be a grown up, well reasoned, considered or thoughtful discussion on that subject on this forum. I would wager that I could live 4 lifetimes or more and not have enough years to see that. So no, I'm not going there. I'm here for the entertainment and the giggles, and that road doesn't check either box.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Real question here --- can you explain what the right is doing to fix the homelessness problem that the left isn't? I don't personally see either side of the spectrum doing what I think they can.

The "right" probably doesn't figure they need to fix other people's problems. There's enough support out there that in general, people can get what they need, should they choose to do so. Whereas the left wants to take pictures of themselves while handing them money.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "right" probably doesn't figure they need to fix other people's problems. There's enough support out there that in general, people can get what they need, should they choose to do so. Whereas the left wants to take pictures of themselves while handing them money.
So homelessness is "other people's problems" and not an American problem?

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you being obtuse or just didn't understand what I said?
You said, and I quote "The "right" probably doesn't figure they need to fix other people's problems." If homelessness is a problem in America, I'd personally think of it as an American problem, not as a partisan issue. It should not be either "other people's problems" or a photo-op. We ought to be able to actually figure out a solution.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering when ...

Well, that makes one of who was "wondering" what would come out. I had no doubt that your overly developed case of Dunning-Kruger would kick into overdrive and you would post some more puerile condescension as you try to sound smarter than you really are.

And then ...

We also both know that there simply will not be a grown up, well reasoned, considered or thoughtful discussion on that subject on this forum.

LOL! Are you finally realizing that you are a troll ... and not a very bright one who is not capable of either thoughtful or even "reasoned" discussion? If you try to do the math, you will find why people find you so easy to ignore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom