Oklahoma Execution Method?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say the botched execution that started all this crap couldn't have happened to a more deserving piece of $#!T.. That SOB raped an infant to death..!!!

Edit ^^^
Referring to Charles Warner not Lockett where officials used potassium acetate — not potassium chloride, as state protocol calls for to stop Warner's heart.

Last edited:

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the idea of putting all the bad guys on an island and letting them work it out between themselves. Parachute food drops and supplies. Patrol the surrounding ocean with the Navy and just blow anything that floats out of the water. Good gun practice for the sailors and no guards needed.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hang.jpg

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am opposed to capital punishment, in general. Not because I don't believe that the culpable sob's don't deserve it, but because if the wrong person is convicted, it can't be reversed.

Every year we hear of people wrongfully convicted of other crimes who are found to not be culpable and are released, often after serving many years. While those years can't be "made right", at least they still have some life left to live.

It is reasonable to believe that some have been wrongfully executed, but once they are gone, it can't be rectified.

While I don't like taxpayers money being used to keep the convicted person alive for life, we do have the ability to do so. That way we can be sure nobody is wrongfully executed.

Of course, it's just IMO.

I have long believed exactly what you said and for the same reason. Otherwise, I suggested that I’d support Capital Punishment when the Judge, Jury, and Prosecutor would be taken and executed themselves if the Defendant was later proved innocent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But I'd rather spare 100 murderers than kill one innocent person.
100 murderers out on parole will likely kill more than one innocent victim.

I fail to see the difference between this type of collateral damage and that which occurs in time of war. We are literally at war with criminals in our own country.

DNA testing has determined most (perhaps all?) of the wrongful convictions I know of. Both the prosecution and defense now have access to that tool.

Just a few thoughts.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not and cannot condone torturing anyone to death no matter how heinous their crime. The thought of that is repulsive to me. It is something straight out of the middle ages in my mind. I do support the death penalty for certain particulary terrible crimes such as the rape and subsequent death of a child, for a particularly gruesome murder, for senselessly killing mulitple victims, for the evil done by a man like Steven Paddock or Timothy Mc Veigh, and for doing something as terrible and heinous as torturing someone else to death. But I damned sure want there to be no doubt, absolutely zero chance of error, before someone is executed. I do not think I can support the death penalty for so called crimes of passion, where a person kills another in the heat of the moment, without pre-meditation for example. The best example I can give for this example is coming home early one day catching one's wife with another man and shooting him. Toss him a couple bucks on your way out and tell him to go buy a better piece somewhere else maybe, but don't shoot the poor guy. But for certain crimes, yes, death is appropriate. And then when the sentence of death is carried out, just execute them and be done with it. Dead is dead. There is nothing gained by torturing someone to death, other than debasing yourself to the lowest form of humanity, that is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom