Oklahoma Governor's Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will it be?

• Stitt

Votes: 171 91.0%
  • Joy

Votes: 17 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd agree with you on the women's rights deal. That's just stupid, and a betrayal of future generations.

As for the tribes, sovereignty as practiced here is a joke. Nothing more than "victim status with benefits".
The whole tribal issue was ****ed up by the feds and has been for a long time. It isnt just an OK issue

The current tribal issue in OK was manufactured as a weapon to use against Gov Stitt.

Democrats suck and are immoral.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uuuuh . . .

Over the weekend, The Tulsa World published a lengthy profile comparing and contrasting the two Deer Creek parents vying to be our next State School Superintendent of Public Education – Ryan Walters and Jena Nelson.

Buried in the middle of the piece was this fun little nugget that I’m sure will help positively address the Oklahoma teacher shortage – Ryan Walters wants to send Oklahoma teachers to patriotic reeducation camps!

He vowed to require teachers here to undergo patriotic education training offered by a small, ultra-conservative, Christian college in Michigan called Hillsdale College, which is also trying to establish a national network of charter schools including a new one in Tulsa.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have that right already by not getting pregnant in the first place.

That's an option that requires planning, and self-control.

Some folks are better at it than others, I'm pretty sure it's genetic.

Removing those that don't carry the responsibility gene from the pool is ok by me.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's an option that requires planning, and self-control.

Some folks are better at it than others, I'm pretty sure it's genetic.

Removing those that don't carry the responsibility gene from the pool is ok by me.
Seems like I saw a story a long time ago about some ivy league professor that was doing genetic research and had identified a gene that controlled impulsiveness and that certain groups of people lacked the gene in higher numbers and that correlated to bad life choices, crime and the incarceration rates. If I recall, there was some uproar about it. I have no idea if true, but if it is, then "science" should try to find a legitimate treatment to help people like that instead of sweep it under the rug (if these libs "really" cared about people).

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uuuuh . . .

Over the weekend, The Tulsa World published a lengthy profile comparing and contrasting the two Deer Creek parents vying to be our next State School Superintendent of Public Education – Ryan Walters and Jena Nelson.

Buried in the middle of the piece was this fun little nugget that I’m sure will help positively address the Oklahoma teacher shortage – Ryan Walters wants to send Oklahoma teachers to patriotic reeducation camps!

He vowed to require teachers here to undergo patriotic education training offered by a small, ultra-conservative, Christian college in Michigan called Hillsdale College, which is also trying to establish a national network of charter schools including a new one in Tulsa.

From what I understand Hillsdale is a private college that takes no government money so they are free to teach what they want. I guess that can go good or bad depending on your view. I don't know specifics about the training he's talking about.

Also in the Tulsa World article Walters said "Ten years ago, I was at a training where they said we shouldn’t say anything good about the Declaration of Independence because Thomas Jefferson owned slaves"
If that's what 'training' teachers are getting I don't have a problem with something to counter it.

I like Walters position on CRT and gender issues in schools, and I like the voucher idea (without having done a deep dive on it).

Looks like OEA thinks a lot of Nelson; that's reason enough for me to vote for Walters.

Copied from farcebook:

1666638094418.png

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I understand Hillsdale is a private college that takes no government money so they are free to teach what they want. I guess that can go good or bad depending on your view. I don't know specifics about the training he's talking about.

Also in the Tulsa World article Walters said "Ten years ago, I was at a training where they said we shouldn’t say anything good about the Declaration of Independence because Thomas Jefferson owned slaves"
If that's what 'training' teachers are getting I don't have a problem with something to counter it.

Well sure, private colleges can create their own courses and curriculum. No problem. But it does become a problem (to me) when that questionable curriculum becomes a required training for teachers.

My wife was teaching 10 years ago . . . she never participated in a course that stated anything close to what Walters said. I doubt he was in a course that actually pushed that as a part of the curriculum, and may have been something said in a group discussion. But who knows.

I like Walters position on CRT and gender issues in schools, and I like the voucher idea (without having done a deep dive on it).

I think he's way to political and caters way too much to the extremes. We have enough issues to deal with in our schools and don't need him creating more where they shouldn't exist.

Looks like OEA thinks a lot of Nelson; that's reason enough for me to vote for Walters.

Copied from farcebook:

View attachment 312660
giphy.gif

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think he's way to political and caters way too much to the extremes. We have enough issues to deal with in our schools and don't need him creating more where they shouldn't exist.
The political extremes are being forced into schools by the extreme progressive left, I think it's good to point them out and speak against them. I think they're ruining our kids and country.

Here's what the OEA supports, looks extreme to me, I'm glad Walters will work against it.

OEA website

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The political extremes are being forced into schools by the extreme progressive left, I think it's good to point them out and speak against them. I think they're ruining our kids and country.

Here's what the OEA supports, looks extreme to me, I'm glad Walters will work against it.

OEA website
This
Walters is exactly what we need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom