Oklahoma Governor's Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will it be?

• Stitt

Votes: 171 91.0%
  • Joy

Votes: 17 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have that right already by not getting pregnant in the first place.
TRUE! But that presumes a level of intelligence and personal responsibility that isn't necessarily warranted. And the effectiveness is not in having a right... it's in the exercise of that right! [If it ain't exercised, it just don't work, Horatio.]

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TRUE! But that presumes a level of intelligence and personal responsibility that isn't necessarily warranted. And the effectiveness is not in having a right... it's in the exercise of that right! [If it ain't exercised, it just don't work, Horatio.]

As long as it ain't my spawn, and I don't have to finance it, why should I get involved?

I do appreciate Stitt making the libs whine about it, but I'm thinking future generations of taxpayer burdens are hardly worth a few cheap laughs.

I don't know - some of my good Christian friends might be ok with their daughters and granddaughters being courted by such escapees of fate and natural selection, but I would not.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife teaches 3rd grade . . . none of that is in her classroom. She deals with 26 kids every day and barely has time to cover her lesson plans for the day. She's taught for 15 years or more and has never been a member of the OEA.

Extremes from either side have no business in classrooms. Anyone who claims to not want indoctrination in schools but would support Walters trying to require teachers to take these types of classes needs to re-think how they actually view indoctrination. You either support it or you don't. Being okay with it as long as it's from "your side" isn't better.

Walters creates problems where there are none in my opinion. And then goes to the extreme to try and fix something that realistically doesn't need fixing.
I don't know what's in the training from Hillsdale and I'm guessing you don't either. Maybe it's an accurate view of history, not like what they get from anti-racism training where this country was founded on racism. The 1619 Project for an example (a link to this is on the OEA website):
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/23/podcasts/1619-podcast.html

I'm glad your wife hasn't had to deal with this stuff. It's definitely happening to extremes in other parts of the country and if we don't but up barriers to it now it will creep in here. Just look at how woke OU is.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as it ain't my spawn, and I don't have to finance it, why should I get involved?
I do completely agree with your last statement, TK, but in your first statement, I don't think you remembered that (regardless of the father's identity) you do - and every taxpayer does - have to 'finance it' for its welfare-dependent life.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do completely agree with your last statement, TK, but in your first statement, I don't think you remembered that (regardless of the father's identity) you do - and every taxpayer does - have to 'finance it' for its welfare-dependent life.

Oh, I most certainly am aware. That's why I FULLY support abortion, just not in my family.

I'd go a step further if possible and offer young folks a grand each if they'd get fixed. And absolutely require getting fixed as a condition of welfare.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, I most certainly am aware. That's why I FULLY support abortion, just not in my family.

I'd go a step further if possible and offer young folks a grand each if they'd get fixed. And absolutely require getting fixed as a condition of welfare.
GREAT idea!!!! (Especially for "young liberal folk.")

Last edited by a moderator:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Courses like that are fine . . . I just disagree with any of them being requirements to be a teacher.
Shouldn't a teacher be required to know the truth and the history vs what is be promoted in the education system currently which is exactly opposite what the constitution spells out?
I'm sure your school/classroom doesn't do this, but my grandkids are forced in Dallas to learn CRT, have recently had to endure a drag queen thing along with being canceled and scorned if they object to BLM and current woke theories being taught in their school by "teachers".
The Constitution needs to slap those "educators" upside the freeking head and leave a pop knot every time they spout that stupid shat until they realize they are ruining the kids in America.
As I understand it, we no longer require Oklahoma History in schools, but we teach drag queens are OK?
My son and daughter in-law in Tx had had to result in home schooling their kids so they can learn the skills needed to go to work in todays society and make a buck to survive on their own.
Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic are the classes they focus on heavily. The social studies are learned on the street and their social media time is heavily monitored.
They aren't teachers so they have had to hire online tutors to help the kids even though they can't afford it as lower middle class that own their own businesses. The tutors are a huge drain on their daily living expenses but they realize they have to do it to save their kids which turned 15 this year.
They have this year and two more to turn the insanely woke bullshat they have been taught into a working education.

Latest posts

Top Bottom