Oklahoma Is Leading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memori

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Public schools are terrible and always will be terrible. Like all government programs, they don't respond to the market and usually get MORE money the worse they do, an incentive to not do a good job. I would be happy to see public schools eliminated. Reduce taxes. Don't make parents pay for public and private school at the same time. Some schools may be getting 4 days a week, but I bet they're still charging for 5. I remember when I was in school the teachers might actually teach something once or twice a week and the rest of the time they just handed out worksheets. Pathetic. And homework is BS. When I go home it should be MY time for the day.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can remember as far back as middle school the cries for "More funding! We don't have enough money!, We're all gonna die if we don't fix our schools!"

It's never going to end. They get more money now several times over and it's never enough. Don't believe me? Compare tuition rated at OU from now back to 1980 and don't forget to look at those state $$$s either.

I'd really like to know how much of the state's budget goes to "schools". I'd really like to know how much they actually think they need. How much do they need to be 1st? We never seem to get that number, just a never ending series of cash infusions, tax and fee increases and a lot of gnashing of teeth for being last and saying "if we only had more money, we'd not be last"...

Looks like roughly 50%.

http://togetherok.org/8-key-facts-education-funding-oklahoma-betterok-budget-bootcamp/

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2136.JPG
IMG_2137.JPG
IMG_2138.JPG
Well maybe .....just maybe if schools weren't building college style stadiums with giant Jumbotron screens and crazy work out facilities ...maybe .....just maybe they could have money left over ...........this is just what I have seen added in Broken Arrow in 9 years....

Added millions in facilities. The schools it self looks like a mall, the Jumbotron at the football stadium the indoor football practice field and workout facilities that would make OU blush, not to mention the new crystal Palace performing arts center / education service center. Not to mention they now have a wresting room larger that any division one college excel Penn State ......... I know they are bond issues but why can't we push some funds towards the cost of education and not just facilities......when I was in high school our weights were in the damn. Basement....

Attachments

• IMG_2139.JPG
    IMG_2139.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2140.JPG
    IMG_2140.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2141.JPG
    IMG_2141.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 87

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting how everyone seems to point to a single problem. Surely there are multiple holes in the bucket that need fixing before it will hold water.

yeah, it seems we've got a lot going on. A lot of cuts need to be made and reinvested elsewhere. I understand needing facilities, but sports is a waste of money. You don't need a ****ing stadium for a football game K-12, or a gym.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All we need to do is stop incarcerating non violent drug offenders and we would save 3.5 billion a year. Use that money to give DOC officers a decent raise, teachers a raise, and get these drug offenders some rehab and get them to a point they are a functioning member of society rather than making them a felon, displacing their kids, on and on.
$3,500,000,000.00

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 101662 View attachment 101663 View attachment 101664 Well maybe .....just maybe if schools weren't building college style stadiums with giant Jumbotron screens and crazy work out facilities ...maybe .....just maybe they could have money left over ...........this is just what I have seen added in Broken Arrow in 9 years....

Added millions in facilities. The schools it self looks like a mall, the Jumbotron at the football stadium the indoor football practice field and workout facilities that would make OU blush, not to mention the new crystal Palace performing arts center / education service center. Not to mention they now have a wresting room larger that any division one college excel Penn State ......... I know they are bond issues but why can't we push some funds towards the cost of education and not just facilities......when I was in high school our weights were in the damn. Basement....
This stadium was paid for by bonds, the people elected to finance it. In short, it's a direct reflection of what the people value and prioritize.

Latest posts

Top Bottom