Oklahoma Joe's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
It's ok. Nothing like the place in KC. If you go today you can get the Burnt Ends. They are pretty good. I rate this place on par with Billy Simms. They are priced high for the portion size you receive as well.

JSPANIER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife took me to eat there a few weeks back. One of the worst pulled pork sandwiches i've ever had. The beans are killer good. I'd recommend Burn Company BBQ acrross from the TU football stadium. They are only open from Tuesday-Saturday for lunch. It's all made fresh daily so when they run out they're out for the day. Get there early. I have yet to eat a better BBQ plate!

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't care for it at all. Have you tried Burn BBQ on 11th and harvard ish? I think they only do a lunch and If you get there after 11 it might be pretty hard to get in the door

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
roberts in coweta

Must be in someones house. Or one of the places in Haskell I havent checked out yet. I live in the Coweta area too and all there is out here for BBQ is Split Rail and Fat Jacks, the joint next door to the meat market out on 51. Both are passable but neither are world class. From Coweta if I get a hankerin for ok BBQ and want some quick and want to stay close to home and dont want any Split Rail or Fat Jacks then I just run over to either Billy Rays new joint near 91st and Elm in BA or Stone Mill (some freakin good banana pudding) or maybe Rib Crib on Kenosha. None of those are world class either.

We thought OK Joes was ok, not the best, just ok. The long lines can be avoided by not going there on Friday night or Saturday at the lunch hour. Yes, the beans are the best thing that they make and theyre awesome. And yes, the one in KC that they own but the fella from Bixby is running for them is the best.

Way too many good BBQ joints in the Tulsa area to single just one out. For a quick meal I can eat in my vehicle I kind of like to visit the trailor at 31st and Sheriden on the west side of Sheriden. The guy is a member of the Watts family from Eufalla and he does up some pretty good BBQ. On my way to Pawhuska to visit my brother I may stop in at Donny Teels trailor in Sperry. He's a former World class winner. The family likes to go to Hickory House in Sapulpa to get their buffet on. Had Billy Rays on Friday night for catfish but couldnt not have a few ribs and some hotlinks too though.

Only problem I have with Billy Rays is, and even though I was born and raised in California I love BBQ and know good BBQ from having lived in Memphis and Dallas and Kansas City briefly during my music career- and I prefer my BBQ from the cooks who dry rub the meats with their own blends of spices then the meat is slow smoked, and the sauce, if any goes on at all, goes on the meat at the table. The only time I like a BBQ sandwhich with the sauce already on the chopped meat are the cheesy kind of BBQ sandwhiches I get at little driveins like Tastee Freezes or the fair or whatever.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joe's was nothing special. It wasn't bad, but certainly not great. The prices were a little on the high side as well. Think I'll stick with Elmer's.

gopokes81

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried this place this weekend with the wife. For $20 we got 2.5 ounces of each of their meats, all of their sides, and bread. Their beans and their ribs were my favorite, the rest was just average. The prices were somewhat high as mentioned above. I would go back but only for ribs and beans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom