Oklahoma Rumors??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its in ramona technically.

They were supposed to put a dennys in clarmore. Never happened.

They looked at the parking lot of that restaurant on 66 (not Eggbert's, can't remember the name) and decided the Grand Slam breakfast wouldn't draw enough of that crowd over to Denny's so they shelved the plan.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always heard so many rumors about Outlaws using Oklahoma as "hideouts" that I don't know which ones are true.

Depends on what you call a "hideout." Pretty Boy Floyd spent some time in the Cookson Hills hiding from the law; other outlaws passed through OK while on the lam, including Bonnie and Clyde (the latter purportedly wrote a letter to Henry Ford, postmarked Tulsa, praising his cars for their getaway capabilities), and the Doolin and James Brothers gangs.

ldmtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on what you call a "hideout." Pretty Boy Floyd spent some time in the Cookson Hills hiding from the law; other outlaws passed through OK while on the lam, including Bonnie and Clyde (the latter purportedly wrote a letter to Henry Ford, postmarked Tulsa, praising his cars for their getaway capabilities), and the Doolin and James Brothers gangs.

Pretty Boy Floyd is buried in the Salisaw Cemetery.

Belle Starr lived in a cabin about 1/2 mile from the Eufaula dam. The cabin is gone but her grave site is still there.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember that exercise we went on right before I got out? Cold, windy, pointless. I hate Burns Flat.

Yes...that was miserable. And that's why there will never be a real spaceport out there....nobody could pay enough to get folks to live out there LOL.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its the SECOND largest runway in the western hemisphere

No it isn't...at least not lengthwise. There are plenty longer.

...and how many spaceships do we have that use runways? In fact, for that matter, how many spaceships do we have?

If you are looking to fire up a commercial space industry you need skilled/trained workers, and you need to attract them. Now compare Burns Flat with other spaceports out in California, Virginia or Florida. Which location is going to attract those folks? Burns Flat could be twice the size and the best you'd get is OHP cruisers burnin' donuts on the tarmac like they do now...LOL.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom