Oklahoma Speed Limits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My biggest pet peeve is someone getting on the interstate or turnpike and not matching the speed of the drivers already on causing you to slow down. Then, I say THEN, they freakin pass you!

And the super courteous trucker going 61mph that jerks left in front of 75mph traffic to let them in...

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bigger problem that I see is Speed differential on the Turnpikes. That creates a higher risk situation than if EVERYONE was driving 85 and maintaining safe intervals between vehicles. NASCAR proves this theory every weekend driving 200 mph bumper to bumper. Everything is fine until one car bumps another car or cuts a tire and then comes the fun.

Anyone that drives regularly on the Turner Turnpike knows that 18 wheelers are a major issue and they will block both lanes with a rolling block for several miles at a times. Especially in the hilly areas on the TP. Traffic always bunches up at the Turnpike Gate and the McDonalds and takes about 10 minutes to get clear of it.
Too bad the Turnpike was not 3 Lanes ALL the Way to OKC.

The posted speed limit could be 100 MPH and there are always a few jerks that would drive 120 MPH and ruin it for everyone else.

The speed limit may be increased but the truckers won't see it. They will still do their 65 to 70 to 75 (if'n ya gots a bullhauler), because their companies won't allow the increase in the engine governor. They will not allow the increase because their schedules and fuel mileage ratios would be screwed up.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The speed limit may be increased but the truckers won't see it. They will still do their 65 to 70 to 75 (if'n ya gots a bullhauler), because their companies won't allow the increase in the engine governor. They will not allow the increase because their schedules and fuel mileage ratios would be screwed up.
Some of those big companies are 62mph restricted.

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In some states on Interstates 18 Wheelers are required to drive slower than the posted speed limit for Cars- Motorcycles- and Light trucks. . Here is an example from Michigan.

Trucker Speed Limits
New legislation (Public Act 455 of 2016) has been approved by the governor and enacted into law on January 5, 2017. The act amends the Michigan Vehicle Code, section 257.627, permitting a truck, a truck-tractor, or a truck-tractor with a semi-trailer or trailer to operate at a speed not to exceed 65 mph on a freeway, where the posted speed limit is greater than 65 miles per hour. This amendatory act takes effect immediately.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just drive the speed limit posted.
Im not in a hurry to get anywhere. It will be there when I get there.
i_am_not_in_your_hurry_bumper_sticker-rcf61efab21dc44ff8095bc303b0a03cc_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom