Oklahomans are some of the country's most confrontational drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t tell me you’re one of those sheep that just gets in line because somewhere ahead is construction. I’m running in the other lane until the “Merge Here” sign, because that’s the law. And yes, if you block me I WILL HIT YOU, and it will be YOUR fault…been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
Some other info is missing. You have to merge, not me. Won’t be my fault when you hit my truck.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some other info is missing. You have to merge, not me. Won’t be my fault when you hit my truck.
Isn't merging the same as the yield sign when entering the highway? Meaning that it's the responsibility of the merging driver to YIELD to oncoming traffic not the other way around when your lane is ending.

I'd like to see the conversation between responding officer and person merging. "You hit his car while it was in his designated lane. Yes sir, BUT he wouldn't let me in and I don't have to wait in that long line. Okay, but YOU hit HIS vehicle not the other way around. Yes sir, BUT he wouldn't let me in.....etc.".

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't merging the same as the yield sign when entering the highway? Meaning that it's the responsibility of the merging driver to YIELD to oncoming traffic not the other way around when your lane is ending.

I'd like to see the conversation between responding officer and person merging. "You hit his car while it was in his designated lane. Yes sir, BUT he wouldn't let me in and I don't have to wait in that long line. Okay, but YOU hit HIS vehicle not the other way around. Yes sir, BUT he wouldn't let me in.....etc.".
"He wouldn't let me in even when I was flipping him off and saying that I have the T-Shirt!"

Red Dirt Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A recent study from Forbes reports that Oklahomans tend to be confrontational on the road.

As reports of road rage incidents climb across the country, Forbes surveyed 10,000 licensed drivers and compared all states from nine metrics, including tailgating, yelled, car-blocking, and receiving rude gestures.

The results? Oklahoma ranks in fifth when it comes to the most confrontational drivers.

Of the surveyed Oklahomans, 14% reported being forced off the road, 55% report being blocked from changing lanes, 59% reported being cut off on purpose, and 71% reported being yelled at or threatened.

The top ten states include Arizona, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Virginia, Oklahoma, Alabama, Connecticut, Illinois, Texas, and Ohio.

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/su...cle_fadafdea-45b6-11ee-9155-979929a95d0e.html
Not sure I buy that, as I often hear from people from the coasts that come here for business that consider Oklahoma drivers considerate compared to back home.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's something for you guys to squabble over. I've actually done this before and it made perfect sense at the time but felt like it was technically illegal.

If the light is red and cross traffic is clear, can the driver in Lane legally 1 turn right on red (into the corresponding outer lane, obviously)?

western2.PNG

jllrue

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
A recent study from Forbes reports that Oklahomans tend to be confrontational on the road.

As reports of road rage incidents climb across the country, Forbes surveyed 10,000 licensed drivers and compared all states from nine metrics, including tailgating, yelled, car-blocking, and receiving rude gestures.

The results? Oklahoma ranks in fifth when it comes to the most confrontational drivers.

Of the surveyed Oklahomans, 14% reported being forced off the road, 55% report being blocked from changing lanes, 59% reported being cut off on purpose, and 71% reported being yelled at or threatened.

The top ten states include Arizona, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Virginia, Oklahoma, Alabama, Connecticut, Illinois, Texas, and Ohio.

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/su...cle_fadafdea-45b6-11ee-9155-979929a95d0e.html
As a retired local Truck Driver in Chicago and a new Transplant to Oklahoma, In my opinion, Illinois should be number one, they're the most ignorant, stupid, obnoxious Drivers in this Country!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's something for you guys to squabble over. I've actually done this before and it made perfect sense at the time but felt like it was technically illegal.

If the light is red and cross traffic is clear, can the driver in Lane legally 1 turn right on red (into the corresponding outer lane, obviously)?

That is legal unless posted otherwise in most states so long as you follow the marked lane pathways. Where it gets dangerous is that at certain intersections (I'm looking at you I44/Yale!) where there's two lanes and most drivers don't think or understand that the second lane can turn red. So the outer lane will right on red INTO the designated space for the inside lane (crossing into it).

Latest posts

Top Bottom