Ol lady needs some protection and I need advice!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What kind of protection would you prefer your woman to carry?

• Pistol

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • Revolver

Votes: 41 49.4%
  • Knife

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Taser

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Pepper Spray

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A cheap new revolver. Such as Taurus/Rossi/charter arms
I would say .357 mag if possible so you can shoot .38 specials too.

Lightweight ones are great too carry, but not so much to shoot.
Standard weight ones aren't much heavier, and give less felt recoil.

So it really depends if she will, "carry alot and shoot a little" or "carry and shoot alot".

The little 32's & 380's are not nothing to stick your nose up at tho... It doesn't matter too much about caliber. Just shot placement. I wouldn't want to get shot with ANY caliber. And 7 rounds of .32acp will cause some major damage.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't vote, because it won't let me choose a pistol and pepper spray. Why have just one or the other?

Get her out shooting and let her carry what she's comfortable with. If she's not comfortable with it she won't carry it anyway.

roknruin1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please don't fall into that idea that you should get her a small gun - the smaller guns have more recoil, therefor making them MORE difficult for a woman to handle. That's what happened to me on my first gun, my father got me a smaller gun and the recoil was unpleasant enough that it nearly turned me off shooting entirely. Then I got my hands on a glock... and was much happier with handguns after that.

For myself, started out carrying a g19, but ended up going with a S&W 38 for my everyday carry. It's lighter, but, being a revolver, it is ready to go as soon as you pull it out (I don't trust myself enough to carry my glock chambered, but the trigger on the S&W is more stiff and I worry less about accidentally firing it in stress.

Ahh I'm glad you said that because I completely let that slip my mind. I have a had a couple of my friends recommend a s&w 38 but I'm personally not a fan of revolvers and have been iffy on them.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get her what she likes. She already knows what she wants. A PK380 is close to your $400 budget. It's her gun. She'll be the one shooting it. She'll probably end up out shooting you with it. Caliber isn't the most important part of a defensive weapon.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reccomend the LCR, if she is not comfortable carrying a chambered pistol, under stress she might not be able to chamber a round. but with a LCR all she has to do is pull the trigger.

I took my mom my LCR with CT grips for her to use as her home defense gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom