Ol lady needs some protection and I need advice!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What kind of protection would you prefer your woman to carry?

• Pistol

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • Revolver

Votes: 41 49.4%
  • Knife

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Taser

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Pepper Spray

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters

snoopdoggiz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck to you, really.

NO! Good luck to the girl depending on you for her safety - she's gonna need it.

She's gonna need it with the likes of you placing something that you point and click that goes bang in her hands when she gets in a situation she never should have been in using a tool she has no experience or training on how to use all under the stress of life threatening fear.

You don't get it; probably never will. Hopefully you and yours will never meet Mr. Darwin. Personally I wouldn't take that bet.

The guy has $400. Not $500. So he can spend $400. Get it? Not everyones rich. If i could buy a $200,000 bulletproof truck for my family, i would but just because they drive a regular car dont mean i dont love them enough to buy them better cars. I just cant afford it. Very simple.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you know I have seen some high end weaponry fail. I have seen things I deem a POS run like a timex. At least the OP is thinking of the GF and what he can afford. The rossi he purchased will out last them both likely, when he has more means, and if she has the interest, I have no doubt they will do more or something else.

Just to make it even more affordable for you guys, I will personally donate 50 rds of my .38 special reloads the next time I catch up with you.

How about we start looking out for each other, instead of busting balls...as much anyway.

shootingbuff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems good intentions presented in a way that others could have and did take exception to.

Training is not always good and it doesn't have to be costly just good and focused on the need. If one thinks high dollar training is going to win the day I can show you 10 years worth of matches that have been won by those not having any or very little formal training. Matter of fact one guy just got finished with a shotgun course and was a retired LEO and had a lot of problems running his SG. Those with the most costly gear don't win matches either. As long as the firearm goes bang every time and is accurate enough that is all that is required.

Love it when my 350 dollar G17 beats 1911s and has zero failures along the way. Not a bash on 1911s - they are just plain more costly then a beat up old Glock.

Same with my Nova over tricked out 1100s or 870s.

Point is knowing the manual of arms of the firearm one is carrying that goes bang every time and being safety wise is much more important than spending mega bucks. Accuracy work can be handled informally as long as the target audience is improving and understanding sight alignment and trigger control. If shots are fired past 15yds I would have to wonder if it was SD or not as most cases are 7yds and 3 rounds. Doesn't take a lot of money to fire 3 rounds at 7 yds.

Main thing for the OP to understand is the method of carry. Have to have clean and clear access to the pistol and nothing else should be in the same area to get hung up on or cause an unintentional discharge. After the above comes practice with an unloaded gun unloaded gun (yep stated it twice) on presentation.

AFA Ole lady, man I only smile. I call my wife wench and that sounds bad if one didn't understand the premise or the intent behind it, Ole Lady can mean anything just like red neck or good ole boy, even bubba. :blah::blah::blah:

why did I post? :uhwhat: oh yes :popcorn:

Latest posts

Top Bottom