ONG bill has gone from 80 to over 130!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Previous post cut off the header. This is from the ONG website
EC8EAE73-BE06-4DD9-9C1C-FCB1B34A6A56.jpeg

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. I am glad I locked in at the $4.54. Your list is the price of gas ONG charges. Here's the real cost of gas that is traded over the exchange. Add in transportation and possibly other cost, including markup? and you get ONG price. ONG likely bought their gas on contract since last year's debacle, that may be one reason it's higher than the spot price.
1642792320941.png

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To get a better understanding of what is going on we need data. Just saying my gas bill went up could mean multiple things. Like the cost of gas went up or a window was left open when it was -20 and the heater never shut off and 100% more gas was used.

Please at least post some information more than my gas bill doubled.

This is my gas bill from January 3.

Things that would be useful information include:
Number of days of use
Cost of gas
Amount of gas used

View attachment 247568

With the propane users, same thing, useful information includes:

What month was the propane purchased
How many gallons were purchased
Cost of the propane purchased, price per gallon or total price
Yeah Buddy, I had a much bigger natural gas bill for a couple of months and couldn't figure out why.

I finally figured out why when I walked into my utility room and it was like walking into a sauna.

Did some checking and finally figured out that I had a slab leak. Turns out the Hot Water Line from the water heater to the rest of the house was leaking. Dang slab leaks!! My 2nd one here. My contractor guy and his plumber looked at it and decided it was in an area where it could be repaired, but it would have been especially more difficult and expensive because of a couple of stem walls etc. Ended up having a Pex run up and through the attic and down to another area where they were able to tie in to serve the rest of the house as normal.

I balked at the idea of PEX because I heard it would fail, but they assured me this was a different kind that swelled better and would not burst, which is a really bad idea in the attic and walls. That would suck too.

I've been told most if not all of the houses in my neighborhood area have the same problem, or will have the same problem with slab leaks. One poor lady has had 3 different slab leaks in a years time. That really sucks.

Anyway, it really ran up my natural gas bill. Apparently the hot water heater was running 24/7 due to the leak.

Last edited:

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
thru the nextdoor app, we have figured out the water company is just billing people whatever and people pay it.

now people on our block are checking their meters daily. eventually they claimed the meters were all "misread".

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems a little odd. Mine was $130 as well. I’ve talked to a few other people and their bills also jumped to $130.
That's weird, just got my ONG bill and it's $124.75 That's not too bad for me, my house is 2,000 sq ft. I do need more attic insulation and to redo the caulking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom