ONG Rate Lock-In period - 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ONG Fixed Price Plan is now open until October 17, 2022. The lock-in rate is 8.612 per dekatherm. The September price ONG is charging is 11.154 while the spot price is 7.683 however the 6 month high price is over 9.70. Based on the administration offering to supply natural gas to Europe, the spot price could increase this winter.

Oklahoma Natural Gas - Billing Options

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know for sure is there's gotta be a catch there somewhere. No corporation EVER did anything to help us little guys out. I mean, honestly, if prices get outta hand they will just go to the Corp. Comm. and get a tack-on for the next 100 years. 🙄

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know for sure is there's gotta be a catch there somewhere. No corporation EVER did anything to help us little guys out. I mean, honestly, if prices get outta hand they will just go to the Corp. Comm. and get a tack-on for the next 100 years. 🙄
FYI those customers that were on the fixed rate plan during the winter from hell do not have to pay that monthly surcharge the rest of us do. Fortunately the Corporation Comm. reduced the requested cost recovery from around $180m to $30m so our surcharge will only be about $3 p/m.

I did good being on the fixed rate last year and the way it looks around the world right now, unless Putin suddenly surrenders, NG will likely keep going up this winter. I plan to lock in.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI those customers that were on the fixed rate plan during the winter from hell do not have to pay that monthly surcharge the rest of us do. Fortunately the Corporation Comm. reduced the requested cost recovery from around $180m to $30m so our surcharge will only be about $3 p/m.

I did good being on the fixed rate last year and the way it looks around the world right now, unless Putin suddenly surrenders, NG will likely keep going up this winter. I plan to lock in.

Really?? The way I read the insert in my last bill they used income levels to determine who didn't pay and average usage amounts to determine who paid Amount A (a lesser monthly fee) or Amount B (a higher tack-on). I may need to rethink my strategy here ...

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is just what I heard on the local news so take it for what it's worth. I don't know anything about this A/B levels.

The "A/B" thing was my attempt to explain there were 2 different amounts being charged people. I just can't remember the exact amounts off the top of my head, so ... A and B ... Lol

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I kinda doubt it'll drop a whole lot. I'm holding off until the last minute but will probably lock in. It's pulled back some from it's high, but I just don't see it tanking on a big scale. It's a "probably not a lot of risk thing to lock in, but one critical event away from paying through the nose" thing. May pay more or save some, but either way I don't see it being a huge difference, but what if?

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kinda doubt it'll drop a whole lot. I'm holding off until the last minute but will probably lock in. It's pulled back some from it's high, but I just don't see it tanking on a big scale. It's a "probably not a lot of risk thing to lock in, but one critical event away from paying through the nose" thing. May pay more or save some, but either way I don't see it being a huge difference, but what if?
That's how I look at it. I thought the price would come down at the start of the summer, but it just kept on climbing. Even if it were to drop below the $8.61 point next summer, I don't use that much gas that time of the year so the loss would be minimal. And like you said IF...

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How will the gooberment push their all electric agenda unless they drive all petroleum based products through the roof?

And yes, I know NG is not a byproduct of oil, blah, blah, blah…. but you have to drill for it, drilling is bad, electric good…. therefore….

Latest posts

Top Bottom