So what's up with ONG besides their prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Natural gas prices on the market have fallen from their high back in 8/22 to near their lowest levels in the previous 5 yr. period. Down dramatically since Dec. However ONG per dekatherm prices have continued to climb this year. I realize open market futures prices aren't tied directly to what ONG charges, but something is definitely askew here. ONG is only supposed to be able to charge a fixed % above what they are paying suppliers. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain. My ONG bill has now gone up over 88% since October! My October bill was $77. Last week's was $145. You're wasting your time calling ONG and/or the Corporation Commission. I called them both over a month ago. ONG's spiel was 'we're allowed to charge what he have to pay for the gas and we're just passing along our costs.' The Corporation Commission told me to check their web site and see of there were any pending applications and, if so, I could comment on them! Whooppee!!!! I've been thinking seriously of calling the AG's office, especially since Drummond seems to be really trying to make a name for himself. The Corporation Commission is absolutely not doing their job.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it is the price of the bonds from the winter storm uri. are you not following corp commissioner anthony?

I know very well what they are blaming it on. As I said, Anthony is the only member worth a damn. Rate structures are approved by the OCC and, as I said, the commission as a whole is not doing its job.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If ONG is paying
it is the price of the bonds from the winter storm uri. are you not following corp commissioner anthony?
Sorry, but I don't follow anyone on whatever platform they use. I would think those surcharges would be listed separately from the actual price per/DT they put on our bills.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I thought the winter storm Uri thing had been settled by adding a $5 or $10 surcharge on our bills for the next 25 years. This doesn't explain the current high DT price they are currently charging with wholesale prices being what they are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom