So what's up with ONG besides their prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it is the price of the bonds from the winter storm uri. are you not following corp commissioner anthony?
The bonds are priced into the service charge. Then there is an extra charge for uri. Then there is an unrecovered charge baked into the variable price. We are getting screwed 3 times.

1682621277012.png

Variable charge:
1682621324881.png

And here's the actual cost of gas, less transportation and storage.

1682622963006.png

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems to me that if you want to know the cost of NG this month, you need to be looking at the market price of NG in November or December of last year. Isn’t NG sold on the futures market?

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bonds are priced into the service charge. Then there is an extra charge for uri. Then there is an unrecovered charge baked into the variable price. We are getting screwed 3 times.

View attachment 371433

Variable charge:
View attachment 371434

And here's the actual cost of gas, less transportation and storage.

View attachment 371461
So it looks like from what you posted that ONG is paying about $8.72 P/DT if I read it right while the wellhead price is somewhere south of $3 depending on the date you look at. So someone is cutting a lot of meat off the bone while we're getting boned.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems to me that if you want to know the cost of NG this month, you need to be looking at the market price of NG in November or December of last year. Isn’t NG sold on the futures market?
Yes it is, but right now they are selling June futures which is just a little over a month out. Prices from Nov. or Dec. shouldn't be what is setting the retail price right now, but maybe I am wrong. That's why I started this thread. I am looking for a logical reason for the prices going in opposite directions. Maybe I don't understand the market as much as I think I do, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I was hoping someone could sort it out for me.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was out of town the whole billing period, March 21st-April 18th. I was billed for .521Dth and I have to pay $35.15??? Just to keep the water heater on?? I'm shutting that joker down my next extended stay.

there was also a letter from ONG with the paper bill about a meeting on June 15th to discuss new changes and the public is invited.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was out of town the whole billing period, March 21st-April 18th. I was billed for .521Dth and I have to pay $35.15??? Just to keep the water heater on?? I'm shutting that joker down my next extended stay.

there was also a letter from ONG with the paper bill about a meeting on June 15th to discuss new changes and the public is invited.
Check your bill that looks mighty close to what you would pay for a minimum bill with no usage at all just to keep the service on

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check your bill that looks mighty close to what you would pay for a minimum bill with no usage at all just to keep the service on
When my in-laws had ONG they would have their service disconnected evey April since their only gas appliance was the furnace. It got turned back on in November and if there was a cold spell while the gas was off they made do with their fireplace. They always came out ahead. Now they have geothermal/electric at the new house.

If you really want to choke, my last proapne bill from Green's was over $1,800 for about 770 gallons, including the $0.10/gal discount for paying up front. Thanks President Potato.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my in-laws had ONG they would have their service disconnected evey April since their only gas appliance was the furnace. It got turned back on in November and if there was a cold spell while the gas was off they made do with their fireplace. They always came out ahead. Now they have geothermal/electric at the new house.

If you really want to choke, my last proapne bill from Green's was over $1,800 for about 770 gallons, including the $0.10/gal discount for paying up front. Thanks President Potato.
Yeah if your not going to be using it for long periods of time it is best to just have it disconnected will come out way ahead. Same with the electric they will still charge you a monthly fee whether you use anything or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom