Open Carry for OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SON OF A B***CH this makes me mad.

"....a measure that would allow [read: ONLY] those who have handgun licenses to openly carry."

Does no one else see what this is doing? Everyone is going along saying "oh this is so great" or "its about time" etc etc. And the next thing you know we have to have a f**king license to carry a gun.

Wake up people. Just because it says open carry doesn't mean it is automatically a good thing. Once you have gun registration you will never get rid of it!

:rant:

jtyler05si

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
SON OF A B***CH this makes me mad.

"....a measure that would allow those who have handgun licenses to openly carry."

Does no one else see what this is doing? Everyone is going along saying "oh this is so great" or "its about time" etc etc. And the next thing you know we have to have a f**king license to carry a gun.

Wake up people. Just because it says open carry doesn't mean it is automatically a good thing. Once you have gun registration you will never get rid of it!

:rant:

Not to turn your rant back on, but I don't follow what your message here. Would you mind clarifying please?

jtyler05si

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I oppose the government mandating a license to exercise a constitutional right.

oh ok then. So do you hate that we have to get a license to conceal carry as well?

I guess I just don't see the difference. Why get in a fury about having to have a license to open carry when we have had to have a license to conceal carry for a while?

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh ok then. So do you hate that we have to get a license to conceal carry as well?

I guess I just don't see the difference. Why get in a fury about having to have a license to open carry when we have had to have a license to conceal carry for a while?

Yes I do oppose having to obtain a license to conceal carry, open carry, or any other kind of carry.

This particular open carry law is gun registration, or at least "carry-a-gun" registration. Just another small step toward total gun registration. If we allow our rights to be degraded little by little then before you know if they all add up!

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I’m not really making my point very well. Let me try this and then I will give it a rest:

• Pre-1996 Open carry was permitted, concealed carry was not.
  • 1996 SDA allows concealed carry WITH a permit. Prohibited open carry
  • 2010 proposed bill allows open carry WITH permit.

See how it was done a little at a time and made everyone think, “Hey this is a good thing”

If you don’t think so, go back to pre-SDA and imagine the response to a bill that would have required anyone who wanted to carry a gun (concealed or open) to have to register for a permit. It wouldn’t have happened

makfan89

New to the site!
Reaction score
I guess I’m not really making my point very well. Let me try this and then I will give it a rest:

See how it was done a little at a time and made everyone think, “Hey this is a good thing”

If you don’t think so, go back to pre-SDA and imagine the response to a bill that would have required anyone who wanted to carry a gun (concealed or open) to have to register for a permit. It wouldn’t have happened

I get what you're sayin. I don't like the way things are heading either. If only the world could be like one big Clint Eastwood movie.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I smell what you are stepping in. I'm glad that we might get open carry, but not at all happy about licensing and registering for our right. It's the same thing with the open carry back in the day. I was too young, but even now everyone things "Yay we have concealed carry." Not realizing we used to be able to carry unregistered..... I hope it all works out for us.....but am not uber optimistic. I will say I was when I first heard it until I stopped and thought for a second.

Latest posts

Top Bottom