Opinions on pistol caliber carbines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only pcc i have is 4 Hi Points, 2 9's 1 40 and a 45acp to me they are just a fun toy at the moment but could see them being used as a home defense and mine carries 3 mags each on 3 of them, Now my nephew a few years back when he was younger somehow got moister in his rifle scope and didnt find out til he was already in the deer woods so he went back to his truck and got his Hi Point in 45acp and took a deer with it so his day wasnt a complete waste.

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two PCCs. First is a Ruger. Main reason for it is the Wife. She’s not a big fan of ARs. The base line model has traditional rifle stock that she found very comfortable. She has since changed to the Magpul Backpacker stock and honestly I’ve been a fan of that stock also. We run the Glock mag adapter as I have stupid amount of glocks. I run an older Lone Wolf “pistol” AR style. It has a 10.5” barre with a heavy quad rail forearm. I run a suppressor on it with great suppression of 147gr and sometimes 124gr (depending on weather/temperature).

Both have Vortex 2MOA red dots and Streamlight weapon lights on them for identification of targets as needed.

I got into the AR style PCC as I’ve had a lot of training on ARs and I dig the ability to reach out a little farther with the same caliber as my sidearm and use same magazines in pinch. The wife likes her PCC as less recoil than rifle calibers and manipulation is easier for her as she hasn’t had the training on AR style rifles like I have.

In long run, get what you like and shoot and train with it.

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi-point in 45acp. Fun to shoot and accurate enough. Extended mags and a vortex strike fire.
16690814356136758429540581594252.jpg

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I would like is not made.

Shortened cz527 action, made to the size for 9mm, floor plate and trigger guard made to work with standard cz75 mags. Also a shorty, flush fit mag. 16" barrel.

Stainless steel construction, wood stock!

Would be great around the house or farm, in the truck or on the tractor for us folks that dont live in the wide open spaces
Something like this? Spanish carbine chambered in 9mm Largo. Primarily used by the police and prison services until the death of Generalissimo Franco.

Carabina_Destroyer_9mm._Parabellum..jpg

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger is probably worth a look. I just got a Sig MPX carbine (I’ve had one before and loved it). I put Taran Tactical mag extensions on for a 44+1 capacity (9mm). This is going to be my go to home defense gun. Accurate as hell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom