OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
From our recent trip to Utah and Arizona. This is a site in the Petrified Forest National Park called Puerco Pueblo. Some of this might even be of interest to @Neanderthal, since it is images of ruins and petroglyphs at this site.

Still trying to figure out what two of those petroglyphs in the above picture are representing.

Note to @Neanderthal: We weren't able to get to Citadel Ruins, Fallen Roof Ruins, or Natural Bridges National Monument. Weather that day wasn't cooperating with snow preventing us to get to any of those three.

Plus, after two days of hiking around in Arches National Park, we were pretty tired out from hiking about 15 miles and didn't really want to make the hikes to the canyons where Citadel Ruins and Fallen Roof Ruins are located. Maybe another day.

I'm so jealous! Thank you for the pics, Terry. That's definitely on my bucket list,
From our recent trip to Utah and Arizona. This is a site in the Petrified Forest National Park called Puerco Pueblo. Some of this might even be of interest to @Neanderthal, since it is images of ruins and petroglyphs at this site.

Still trying to figure out what two of those petroglyphs in the above picture are representing.

Note to @Neanderthal: We weren't able to get to Citadel Ruins, Fallen Roof Ruins, or Natural Bridges National Monument. Weather that day wasn't cooperating with snow preventing us to get to any of those three.

Plus, after two days of hiking around in Arches National Park, we were pretty tired out from hiking about 15 miles and didn't really want to make the hikes to the canyons where Citadel Ruins and Fallen Roof Ruins are located. Maybe another day.

Awesome pics, Terry! I'm so jealous. My only first-hand experience with puebloan ruins was very short-lived, but I hope to get out that way and experience more one of these days. Thank you for the pics! There are a few lizard effigy petroglyphs in there, a ram, and I'm not sure what some of the others are; a lot of imagination is often necessary when deciphering those suckers.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm so jealous! Thank you for the pics, Terry. That's definitely on my bucket list,

Awesome pics, Terry! I'm so jealous. My only first-hand experience with puebloan ruins was very short-lived, but I hope to get out that way and experience more one of these days. Thank you for the pics! There are a few lizard effigy petroglyphs in there, a ram, and I'm not sure what some of the others are; a lot of imagination is often necessary when deciphering those suckers.

Seriously, @Neanderthal, I don't mean to cause you to feel jealous. I know a bit of what your interests are, so I'm glad to share what I find or hear of that one can go see.

A surprise on this trip to Utah and Arizona was along the road going to the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park. There was a pullout and parking area on the right-hand side of the road as we drove into Needles that had what they call "Newspaper Rock." There is another at Petrified Forest National Park, but that one pales in comparison to the one near the Needles District. First of all, here is a link to photos I took at the Needles are Newspaper Rock.

Newspaper Rock photos

Now, for everyone's benefit, a couple of photos taken there.

Now, for comparison, here is a photo of Newspaper Rock at Petrified Forest National Park.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
tgif_pimpin.gif

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first picture is an ad for McDonalds and the second one is an Aztec curse to those that eat at McDonalds
c

Latest posts

Top Bottom