OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I've decided how I'm gonna refinish the M1 stock that I got for the 10/22. Gonna try the fake tiger stripe wood grain process shown in the video below. The stain color will be "Provencial" with a pure tung oil finish. In my mind, it's gonna turn out great! I guess we'll see how it turns out next week!

Fake Tiger Stripe Wood Grain // How To - Bing video

Post pic's when you finish....I'd like to see how it turns out

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pssstttt.....

.....those aren't mountains...

...they are "hills."
I understand what you are saying. I have been to the Rockies, the Klondike and the Swiss Alps many times and they all have their unique beauty. Though the Smokies are the not the largest mountains, they are beautiful and this part of Tennessee is so pretty.
But they are called the Smokey Mountains.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys.
Having coffee in the hot tub this morning.

A46928A9-CDF5-4352-B30F-128832984357.jpeg

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday, left Prague about 8am for a 10am VA appt.. 18 wheeler cab fire on 40 and the driver looked like a terrorist
45 minutes to go 7 miles.. Got to the VA did the appt and went to leave.. Ride wouldn't start, just came out of the shop after $721.30 in repairs to include a new starter.. The starter wouldn't engage, spent 5 hours in the VA parking lot.. Had a good many offer jumps and had a few good conversations, but 5 hours stuck sucked.. The fellow that towed us, Brown and sons had a magpul cap on the dash.. It was also good conversation, talked about guns, gov and prepping.. 29 yo and the kid was aware of what's happening.. Brought the ride to the mech and the wife and I home where he got the 10cent tour.. I had him pull a carrot to take home he left saying we inspired him.. (good feeling) We just may see him again with what we have going on.. I also OF course told him he needed to come here and hang out..Meaning the OSA board and told him of the EAShoots..

Last edited:

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, left Prague about 8am for a 10am VA appt.. 18 wheeler cab fire on 40 and the driver looked like a terrorist
45 minutes to go 7 miles.. Got to the VA did the appt and went to leave.. Ride wouldn't start, just came out of the shop after $721.30 in repairs to include a new starter.. The starter wouldn't engage, spent 5 hours in the VA parking lot.. Had a good many offer jumps and had a few good conversations, but 5 hours stuck sucked.. The fellow that towed us, Brown and sons had a magpul cap on the dash.. It was also good conversation, talked about guns, gov and prepping.. 29 yo and the kid was aware of what's happening.. Brought the ride to the mech and the wife and I home where he got the 10cent tour.. I had him pull a carrot to take home he left saying we inspired him.. (good feeling) We just may see him again with what we have going on.. I also OF course told him he needed to come here and hang out..Meaning the OSA board and told him of the EAShoots..
Glad you finally made it home and sounds like made a new friend. Hopefully he will stop by OSA and say hi.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys. Mira our last day here in the Great Smokey Mountains. Plan on going to see the Titanic museum today (wife’s idea) in Pigeon Forge. Maybe I can sneak back over to the knife and gun shop. Fingers crossed.
Have a great day OSA!

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys. Mira our last day here in the Great Smokey Mountains. Plan on going to see the Titanic museum today (wife’s idea) in Pigeon Forge. Maybe I can sneak back over to the knife and gun shop. Fingers crossed.
Have a great day OSA!
Looks and sounds like you've (and the wife) have had a great vacation.......congrats

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom