OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We actually got almost two-tenths overnight! WOOHOO!!!!!

Living in an RV, one can REALLY hear the rain and hail on the roof...

...I woke up this morning to a "horrendous" hail storm.

It's hard to explain, but it sounded like one hailstone hitting in one place then milliseconds later, another over about 6 feet away, then another on the "roof" of the slide out where the bed is located. In other words, they were spaced out in both location and in time. The whole "hail storm" must have lasted a whole minute, maybe a minute and a half, and it was like God was saying, "Let's play with Terry's head."

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all.

This next Tuesday I'm having two trees cut down that are interfering with my power line coming into the house. Got to clean up the yard so the scissor-lift can make it to the spot. I've called OG&E to arrange power cutoff for Tuesday. I'll admit I'm sweating that part of it, because if the power guys don't make it on time it will mess up the tree cutters; also, I want the power back on as soon as the trees are down. Got my fingers crossed.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning all.

This next Tuesday I'm having two trees cut down that are interfering with my power line coming into the house. Got to clean up the yard so the scissor-lift can make it to the spot. I've called OG&E to arrange power cutoff for Tuesday. I'll admit I'm sweating that part of it, because if the power guys don't make it on time it will mess up the tree cutters; also, I want the power back on as soon as the trees are down. Got my fingers crossed.
Document when you call and who you talk to. Emphasize the schedule.

Several years back, we were doing a sewer tap. There were markers for phone lines at the alley.

A week ahead of schedule (Friday), we called City for sewer tap and phone company to mark lines.

Thursday called City and phone.
Friday morning, City is on site, ready to expose sewer.

At 10, we called phone and they say "job is scheduled".

At noon, we called and get some response.
Go to lunch.

At 1:30, we called again. Whoever took call gets an attitude, " it is scheduled, we are not sitting to respond to your immediate need."

2:00, City says "we dig now or come back tomorrow, we got off at 4:00 and no overtime." Tell to start digging.

2:05, phone lines cut. Keep digging until sewer is exposed.

3:00, tap completed and start back filling

3:15, phone company arrives. Boss man wants to get attitude, says we will get a bill for repairs. He got back a lot more than he wanted. Given log of calls and who took them. Informed him, they would be getting a bill for dozer and crew sitting for 7 hours waiting on them.

He became very apologetic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom