OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening guys,
Did some crappie fishing this morning. Caught a few but the lake level dropped about a foot overnight and pulled them away from the bank, so it has been slow going today.
I spent most of the afternoon staining our roof over our front and side deck. It's been exactly one year that we built the roof. So thought it was about time to get it stained. lol. Also, the wife and I finished up planting and doing our landscaping here at the lake house.

It's supposed to be pretty severe weather here tonight and tomorrow so not sure what I am planning on doing tomorrow.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning, Folks.

Going out for lunch with youngest son today, which is our normal Saturday event. The hog that was butchered for us should be ready to pick up next week, so it looks like youngest son will get to do the picking up as we will be somewhere between here and Idaho.

Really ready for a road trip.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning, Folks.

Going out for lunch with youngest son today, which is our normal Saturday event. The hog that was butchered for us should be ready to pick up next week, so it looks like youngest son will get to do the picking up as we will be somewhere between here and Idaho.

Really ready for a road trip.

Update: We went to Good Gravy on North Western (just north of Wilshire a ways) today, and I had the chicken fried steak. Excellent meal and good service. Steak was not heavily breaded and the meat didn't look like it had been hammered flat first. There was a huge pile of fresh cut french fries and some pretty good Texas toast. However, one can't say a whole lot about green beans. Those were the boring part of the meal, but green beans are always boring.

Definitely worth a trip back.

A side mention about Good Gravy. There is something like 40 different varieties of gravy mixes for the meals. Some things added was jalapenos, sausage, and other stuff. I should have taken a picture of the list. However, I should also mention that their hours are from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm instead of what I posted elsewhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom