OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good evening folks

Been doing some Sheetrock work today for a neighbor.
Got all of our annuals pulled up out of the beds and the pots, the deep freeze we had night before last destroyed them.
And got the watering system and misters all out and stored in the shop.

Now the wife and I are watching “The Watcher”. Pretty interesting. It’s based on true events.

I read an article about that series. It was creepy as ****. Kinda like the Amityville story. I probably won't watch it. It's like Amityville and The Exorcist. Puts me WAY too close to a part of the spirit world I want NOTHING to do with. I know a lot of you guys are not believers but I have seen and felt the presence of real evil and I'm not interested in experiencing that ever again in my life.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read an article about that series. It was creepy as ****. Kinda like the Amityville story. I probably won't watch it. It's like Amityville and The Exorcist. Puts me WAY too close to a part of the spirit world I want NOTHING to do with. I know a lot of you guys are not believers but I have seen and felt the presence of real evil and I'm not interested in experiencing that ever again in my life.
We have watched around 8 to 10 episodes and it’s nothing like Amityville or the Exorcist. It’s a little creepy but nothing like a horror movie.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Building any kind of fence is never a project that I enjoy.
I don't mind building fence as long as I have a front loader to shove the t-post into the ground with a helper to align it.
Built a roller attachment for the 3 point to put the wire on and drive down the row of posts to lay it out and then we have to go back in the with clamps. That takes the longest time.

Went to the range today to sight in the Muzzle loader. One shot and it hit the 10 ring at 100 yards. I'm good to go.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't mind building fence as long as I have a front loader to shove the t-post into the ground with a helper to align it.
Built a roller attachment for the 3 point to put the wire on and drive down the row of posts to lay it out and then we have to go back in the with clamps. That takes the longest time.

Went to the range today to sight in the Muzzle loader. One shot and it hit the 10 ring at 100 yards. I'm good to go.
I drove all the stakes/posts by hand with a 3lb sledge, and I almost got it finished but was about 75 yards short on the braided hot wire rope. :censored:

I did get a path along a fence row cleared out this evening with the skid steer. My place here in TX was part of an old dairy in the 60’s, and the previous owner had the place broke up into small pastures. When I bought it, all the old fence rows were a jungle, and the one on the left side of the picture is the last one I haven’t cleaned up/taken out.
E900C164-3550-4D49-BDED-AEF4BF0CFB56.jpeg

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drove all the stakes/posts by hand with a 3lb sledge, and I almost got it finished but was about 75 yards short on the braided hot wire rope. :censored:

I did get a path along a fence row cleared out this evening with the skid steer. My place here in TX was part of an old dairy in the 60’s, and the previous owner had the place broke up into small pastures. When I bought it, all the old fence rows were a jungle, and the one on the left side of the picture is the last one I haven’t cleaned up/taken out.
View attachment 311980

Braided hot wire rope: is that like barbed wire without the barbs? Something like two strands of smooth wire twisted together?

As for us, we are heading out to where our RV is being worked on. With the changes in temperatures since we started our Summer job this year, we need a bit heavier clothes, especially considering we are thinking of going up to South Dakota and Wyoming for a few days or so.

Need to get rid of short sleeved shirts and maybe even get into my flannel shirts.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Braided hot wire rope: is that like barbed wire without the barbs? Something like two strands of smooth wire twisted together?
No sir, it’s a nylon rope about 1/4” thick with strips of metal braided into it. I’ve used the regular 1/8” metal hot wire and a smaller diameter nylon braided rope, but I’ve found this stuff much easier to work with and exponentially easier to take up and reuse. About a third of what I put up yesterday had been used at least twice, and it super easy to splice…just tie a square knot in it. :thumb:

I got out my TC Hawken rifle last night and decided it needs to see some action this year, so I’m heading to the Academy in Shreveport this morning to pick up some #11 caps. When I got the rifle last year, caps were unattainable, so I bought a 209 conversion for it but really think those rifles need to be used with caps. I had intended to buy some on the way up on Tuesday, but after checking all the Academy’s in the OKC area, they’re selling out fast. On a whim, I checked the store in Shreveport and Bossier City, and both have ample stock. I hate to be “one of those guys”, but due to the limit, I guess I’m going to both stores. :rolleyes2

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom