OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the idea of checking for the bodybag, but I like the thought of the enjoyment of being out there, alone, making something happen. Sounds like a good day.
This is my time of the year. Cool daytime temps, no interruptions as the cell signal is zero.
Get my stuff done at a leisurely pace never seeing a vehicle go by all day.
I like work and doing things vs retiring to the couch like my dad, only making 3 years before expiring.
It's been 8 years for me now with no end in sight.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent most of yesterday prepping for my kids' school Halloween carnival last night, daughter's class raised $1900. The class parents cooked 9 pork butts for pulled pork, 2-3 big broaster pans each of beans and potatoes, plus hot dogs/nachos/etc. We served 8 of the pork butts from 6-830ish last night, plus ran out of beans, cornbread, etc. I was tired at the end of that!

Have a buddy coming over this morning to help me with drywall, hopefully putting the last room together in my house remodel project. With everything that's happened in the last 2 months, we've gotten WAY BEHIND! Once this room gets new walls, I have it and 1 more to mud in, and then it might be painting time...finally!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys and gals,

Spent most of the day yesterday finishing up my neighbors place. I tore out all of her vinyl skirting around her trailer and replace it all with metal roofing panels. That should keep out the ground hogs and raccoons.
Today is college football day. I plan on watching the OU and OSU games today before we head back to OKC.

Have a great Saturday!

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice cool morning. I just got back from my morning walk around the lake. Looking at all the ducks, I was remembering all the work we used to go through at the lease we had in Wagoner County, just to see half a dozen mallards show up.

Oh well, good memories, and now another cup of coffee, get a few projects done, and then get ready to watch OU & OSU. By the way, how about those Muskogee Roughers 9-0 for the season.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I decided to top off my protein feeders one more time, so after I got out of the deer stand this morning I made a trip to Tractor Supply in Enid to pick up the All Stock. I forgot Harbor Freight is next door to TSC, and I’ve been wanting to try a Bauer cordless chainsaw because I like the Bauer pole saw so much. After just a few cuts before heading back to the deer stand, I think it’s going to work just fine. :thumb:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to top off my protein feeders one more time, so after I got out of the deer stand this morning I made a trip to Tractor Supply in Enid to pick up the All Stock. I forgot Harbor Freight is next door to TSC, and I’ve been wanting to try a Bauer cordless chainsaw because I like the Bauer pole saw so much. After just a few cuts before heading back to the deer stand, I think it’s going to work just fine. :thumb:
I have the battery powered Dewalt. It's sure convenient to be able to do some light work and not have to pull that danged rope!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the kitchen walls back covered today, now for the "fun" part...tape/bed part...

Attachments

• 20221029_184137.jpg
    20221029_184137.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221029_184126.jpg
    20221029_184126.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last day of seeing the sights of South Dakota today. We went out west of Rapid City to see the Minuteman Missile National Historic Site and the Badlands.

The Minuteman Missile NHS is a complex of three different sites within a few miles of each other. Delta-09 is a visible silo with a training Minuteman missile within it. Delta-01 is the missile launch complex a few miles east of the silo. The launch complex has the support facilities on the surface at the site while the actual launch control center is underground. When in operation, there were 8 enlisted men on duty to support the 2 officers that manned the launch center. One of the enlisted men was the NCO in charge, and he over saw the others, those being one cook and 6 men for security.

First, the Minuteman in its silo at Delta-09.

Launch site support buildings.

Delta-01 also had entertainment facilities. It looked like it had a volleyball court and some kind of cooker for cooking food outside.

One can tour the Delta-01 site only if they book a reservation and pay a fee. There is a limit of something like 6 people that can be on a tour. During the busy season, reservations can be as far out as 8 weeks, so if one goes there during the tourist season, one better book early. We might could have toured it, but their aboveground facilities are under renovation, and if I can't see the whole system, I'll just wait.

The Minuteman museum is right off of I-90 and is easy to see. Plus, if anyone is interested, it is at the same intersection as one of the entrances to the Badlands National Park. That intersection is I-90 and Highway 240. We took in the museum and then went to the Badlands.

The open area of this missile "head" apparently is where the nuclear warhead would be located.

Tomorrow, we head home, and I'm really ready to get back there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom