OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far, so good!! 😁 I'm too onery to not be otherwise.

I have a co-worker who has a severely autistic child. He is one of the hardest workers I have ever met.

He lives week-to-week in a motel that is several miles from work (no car) and relies on his ex- for babysitting/car rides to and from work. That man lives a NIGHTMARE compared to what I deal with. If he worked anywhere else right now he would be homeless.

The owners of the store are going above and beyond to try and help him get up on his feet. Some of the rest of us do what we can when we can (like a ride to work or back home if his ex- doesn't have the car -- I dunno, I don't ask) or buying him diapers for his son, that kind of thing.

But I'm telling you I cannot imagine trying to do what he does day in and day out, day after day, for even a couple of days. I honestly don't know how he does it.

It doesn't take much looking around at all these days to find someone who has it worse than any one of us does. The trick is to remember to be grateful for what little any one of us has because there are plenty of people out there who have much, much less -- and are just barely hanging on.

The store owners just found him a new place to stay, that is a little cheaper and a lot closer to work, and bought him a bicycle, so he at least has an easier time getting back and forth to work. The rest of us are taking up donations so he won't have to buy diapers at least thru the winter. We are probably gonna go buy the thrift store and get them both some jeans, and a winter coat apiece. As bad as things have ever been for me I don't ever remember it being as rough as he has had it. My heart breaks for him. 😢
Good to hear that the store owners and employees are trying to help him (including you). I’m sure that it means a lot to him. What’s the name of the store?

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I have a co-worker who has a severely autistic child. He is one of the hardest workers I have ever met.

He lives week-to-week in a motel that is several miles from work (no car) and relies on his ex- for babysitting/car rides to and from work. That man lives a NIGHTMARE compared to what I deal with. If he worked anywhere else right now he would be homeless.

The owners of the store are going above and beyond to try and help him get up on his feet. Some of the rest of us do what we can when we can (like a ride to work or back home if his ex- doesn't have the car -- I dunno, I don't ask) or buying him diapers for his son, that kind of thing.

But I'm telling you I cannot imagine trying to do what he does day in and day out, day after day, for even a couple of days. I honestly don't know how he does it.

It doesn't take much looking around at all these days to find someone who has it worse than any one of us does. The trick is to remember to be grateful for what little any one of us has because there are plenty of people out there who have much, much less -- and are just barely hanging on.

The store owners just found him a new place to stay, that is a little cheaper and a lot closer to work, and bought him a bicycle, so he at least has an easier time getting back and forth to work. The rest of us are taking up donations so he won't have to buy diapers at least thru the winter. We are probably gonna go buy the thrift store and get them both some jeans, and a winter coat apiece. As bad as things have ever been for me I don't ever remember it being as rough as he has had it. My heart breaks for him. 😢
I've had a rough time the last few months, but definitely have not been through what some people have, probably including some members here

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I spent the day getting the RV ready to be living in again. I got the utilities all working, although the hot water heater bypass valve threw me for a loop. But, last I checked, I will have hot water for taking a shower this evening. I do still have a few questions on some of the RV's systems (one furnace hasn't been working, but the wife says it needs to get pretty cold for it to come on), but I'm sure things will get worked out before the frigid moves in on us.

All of you having health issues...

...our prayers go out for you.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son in law graduated from CLEET today. I'm extremely proud of him and love that young man like he's my natural born son. Anyway just wanted to brag on him, I'm the good looking one with the beard fyi 😉

Attachments

• IMG_3708_01.jpg
    IMG_3708_01.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hawaii had near blizzard conditions today from that storm we are waiting for.
I do need to clarify. Hawaii has three snow capped mountains that stay that way most of the year.
It was in areas around those mountains that had the blizzard conditions. The beaches were just fine.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score

Have someone set up a go fund me page on face-book, to help this guy. I would be willing to chip in, as would most Americans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom