OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cookies? COOKIES?

Wifie is gonna make some oatmeal cookies with raisins and cinnamon chips this week!

Now I've gotta come up with something she loves. Hmm ..........

I know! A chest of drawers for her shoes! I've had the appropriate number of hints, so I'm on it!

Woody

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ended up changing oil in my truck yesterday; after doing my daughter's truck on Saturday, I realized mine was WAY overdue. Since its not a daily driver, its hard to remember, guess I need to put my own sticker on!

Been on the road most of the day, 2 dr appts in Clinton this morning, another in Edmond after lunch. My daughter is getting wisdom teeth extracted on Thursday now in Edmond, hope the weather doesn't get too bad! At least no precipitation until we get home!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a long post because we had some incredibly good news today from one of our longest and best RV friends that we travel with on the road around the country.

What's interesting as well is the report of a guy from my state, Oklahoma that had small cell lung cancer. He was given three months to live.
A veterinarian recommended fenbendazole, which is an anti-worm compound used to treat hookworms, roundworms and other gut parasites in animals, primarily dogs.
In recent years, studies suggesting anti-worm drugs might have cancer-fighting properties have been cropping up in a growing number of journals.

It's far from a proven treatment, but with three months to live and nothing to lose, Joe decided to take a chance on it.
'Three months earlier...There was cancer in my body from head to toe. And it was a terrifyingly dangerous metastasis that leaves virtually 100% of its victims dead within 3 months. Here I was 3 months later and the PET scan was completely dark......void of any light.....anywhere,' Joe writes.

He was dumbfounded. His oncologist was dumbfounded, according to Joe's account.

Joe writes that his doctor told him, 'We don't quite know what to make of this as you are the only patient on the clinical trial with this kind of response.'
He is alive to this day.

In September 2017, Joe went for yet another scan, and was still cancer free.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...claims-drug-DOGS-cured-cancer-tumor-free.html
OK, I've posted the link to the story.
Now I have a personal experience to relate to it.
One of our best friends wife was diagnosed 8 months ago with brain and lung cancer. The PET scans showed the brain and lungs completely covered in cancers.
They went to MD Anderson to get that diagnosis, so it wasn't some home town hospital with old equipment.
The prognosis was bleak so her husband started researching alternative treatments.
MD Anderson started their treatments and without their knowledge her husband started the dog wormer treatments.
6 months later, the cancer was 50% gone. We got a text today from her that it's 75% gone after 8 months and the prognosis is good.
They have still not informed MD Anderson of the alternative treatment. The doctors told her that they can't explain why a 100% fatal cancer at her level is going into remission.
How it goes down the road, only one person knows.
We are so happy for her.
As a disclaimer, this is not medical advice, only a story I am repeating, some of which is public domain with no medical background and no recommendations to follow this procedure.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s incredible!!!

I know I’ve probably posted about my Dad’s cancer before, but his cancer experience and attitude when facing death radically changed my outlook on life and death. If I ever get cancer, the only treatment I will even consider is something that is alternative or non traditional. I’ve seen what radiation and chemo does to a body, and I don’t want any part of it. I know without a doubt where I’m going when I die, so it’s really a win/win whether I live or die.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s incredible!!!

I know I’ve probably posted about my Dad’s cancer before, but his cancer experience and attitude when facing death radically changed my outlook on life and death. If I ever get cancer, the only treatment I will even consider is something that is alternative or non traditional. I’ve seen what radiation and chemo does to a body, and I don’t want any part of it. I know without a doubt where I’m going when I die, so it’s really a win/win whether I live or die.
Both my parents died from lung cancer because of cancer. I wish I had known of this alternative. Would it work for everyone? Nobody knows....Yet.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a long post because we had some incredibly good news today from one of our longest and best RV friends that we travel with on the road around the country.

What's interesting as well is the report of a guy from my state, Oklahoma that had small cell lung cancer. He was given three months to live.
A veterinarian recommended fenbendazole, which is an anti-worm compound used to treat hookworms, roundworms and other gut parasites in animals, primarily dogs.
In recent years, studies suggesting anti-worm drugs might have cancer-fighting properties have been cropping up in a growing number of journals.

It's far from a proven treatment, but with three months to live and nothing to lose, Joe decided to take a chance on it.
'Three months earlier...There was cancer in my body from head to toe. And it was a terrifyingly dangerous metastasis that leaves virtually 100% of its victims dead within 3 months. Here I was 3 months later and the PET scan was completely dark......void of any light.....anywhere,' Joe writes.

He was dumbfounded. His oncologist was dumbfounded, according to Joe's account.

Joe writes that his doctor told him, 'We don't quite know what to make of this as you are the only patient on the clinical trial with this kind of response.'
He is alive to this day.

In September 2017, Joe went for yet another scan, and was still cancer free.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...claims-drug-DOGS-cured-cancer-tumor-free.html
OK, I've posted the link to the story.
Now I have a personal experience to relate to it.
One of our best friends wife was diagnosed 8 months ago with brain and lung cancer. The PET scans showed the brain and lungs completely covered in cancers.
They went to MD Anderson to get that diagnosis, so it wasn't some home town hospital with old equipment.
The prognosis was bleak so her husband started researching alternative treatments.
MD Anderson started their treatments and without their knowledge her husband started the dog wormer treatments.
6 months later, the cancer was 50% gone. We got a text today from her that it's 75% gone after 8 months and the prognosis is good.
They have still not informed MD Anderson of the alternative treatment. The doctors told her that they can't explain why a 100% fatal cancer at her level is going into remission.
How it goes down the road, only one person knows.
We are so happy for her.
As a disclaimer, this is not medical advice, only a story I am repeating, some of which is public domain with no medical background and no recommendations to follow this procedure.

I have read about this -- it is amazing, huh?? Kinda like that Ivermectin that doesn't work on Covid ... I have seen alternative treatments work enough in my lifetime that I don't write off anything without researching it first. I'm SO happy for them!!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok argh I'm cold and it's not even cold yet. 🙄🙄🙄 I have a couple, three pieces of beef shank and some onions and other veggies -- I see some beef veggie soup and some cornbread in my immediate future. 😍

I think I'll can what's left over. I have some bananas and apples that need to go in the freeze dryer.

Make it a good one! Later guys!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom