OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that the weatherman is wrong as much as they’re right, but due to not wanting to drive 500 miles to just sit in the house watching it rain, I’m forced to trust their predictions. :anyone:
Ah, your just jealous because weathermen get paid for doing the same thing y'all been doing all these years for free (and probably more accurate to boot) 😂

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I pulled down to the river, I jumped two of the bucks I’ve been seeing on camera, and the water is deep enough that they had to swim to cross it. After over 3 hours of casting up and down about a half mile of the south bank, I’m going to continue to assume the catfish haven’t moved back up river out of the lake. :anyone:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the weatherman and my weather app missed it today. It went from no rain forecasted to hail and almost 1.5” of rain. :rolleyes2
IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_3309.jpeg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like it or not, we got most of today off. Rain is the problem and we started out to start and decided to wait until closer to noon. After 11:30, we went out again and got a few records (sections of road selected by the state of RI) and then got rained out again.

Neither of us wanted to take off because we REALLY want to get this state done and head back to Oklahoma.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was down by the river this afternoon and saw dark clouds coming up. I checked my weather app and had nothing showing, but about that time the wind picked up and the temp dropped. Since this isn’t my first time in NW Oklahoma, I decided I had better head back to the house, and as I pulled the Ranger into the barn and closed the door, the bottom fell out for the second day in a row. :scratch:

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was down by the river this afternoon and saw dark clouds coming up. I checked my weather app and had nothing showing, but about that time the wind picked up and the temp dropped. Since this isn’t my first time in NW Oklahoma, I decided I had better head back to the house, and as I pulled the Ranger into the barn and closed the door, the bottom fell out for the second day in a row. :scratch:
I wish that we could get some of those big rains down here in the SW part of the state. We’ve had a fair amount of soaking rains but no heavy run off rains. The City of Lawton is already pumping water from Lake Ellsworth to Lake Lawtonka which supplies the drinking water to Lawton and the nearby rural water districts. The pumping doesn’t usually start until way later in the summer. It could get bad if things don’t change soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom