OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@retrieverman it's a little more than just chilly out there.....temp. 26°.....wind 8mph = 17° wind chill.

I drug all my gear out yesterday afternoon because my buddy and I were going duck hunting this morning but do to a family matter he had to cancel last night.....can't say that I'm heartbroken about the hunt cancellation I may not be swatting ducks right now but I am sitting here nice and warm sipping on a hot cup of coffee. :)
My game camera is showing 15* on the north bank of the river, and that’s not counting wind chill.

Edit to add, it’s evidently 11* where I’m sitting.
IMG_0227.jpeg

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friends of ours are involved with training Thoroughbred horses. They invited us some years back to meet them at Remington Park to see the trainers exercising their horses on the track. Sometime in our conversation that day, she made the comment that it was unusual to get pictures of running horses with all four hooves off the ground. I managed to catch several that way, and this photo has two horses running together and both have all four hooves off the ground.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Evening fellas! Hope everyone has enjoyed their day. Mine was fairly non-productive. Lol

Grumpy is off tomorrow and Tuesday so I thought we were gonna go to the range but he doesn't think so. I've been looking for pods an awful lot lately. 😲 I dunno what's wrong with him. Lol 😉

So ... I think what I might do is draw up some plans and drag him down to Ace Hardware and hang some shelves around the dining room window and the aquarium so the cats will have some perches. They like looking out that window and watching the sparrows on the fence. (There is a bird feeder in the garage I need to get put together and hung on the fence outside that window.)

You know what they say -- No rest for the wicked. 😁😇😇

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@retrieverman it's a little more than just chilly out there.....temp. 26°.....wind 8mph = 17° wind chill.

I drug all my gear out yesterday afternoon because my buddy and I were going duck hunting this morning but do to a family matter he had to cancel last night.....can't say that I'm heartbroken about the hunt cancellation I may not be swatting ducks right now but I am sitting here nice and warm sipping on a hot cup of coffee. :)
I had to cross a terrace in our pasture that had 3/4" of ice behind it with the 4 wheeler before daylight on the way to the deer blind. Kept breaking through, but it was only inches deep below the ice.
There was about 50' to cross, and was beginning to wonder if the wheeler was going to get hung up, but it made it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is another one of those "lucky" shots. This was taken off of a bridge over Alsea Bay in Waldport, Oregon. One of the participants on the old and gone "Bartertown/OKFAO" forums stated that he thought this was one of the best photos I ever took.

I'll try to get back to scenic pictures tomorrow.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really a "scenic" shot on this one, but when I saw it, I thought I should post it and ask a question. We were told that this bird is one that spreads its wings to dry them out after plunging into the water for food. Can anyone remind me of the name of the bird that does that?

Ha! I just had an idea while sitting on the pot. I think the bird is known as a Cormorant.

Now for something a bit scenic. These pictures were taken when the wife and I took a lighthouse tour while we were working in Rhode Island earlier this year. This picture was taken in the Newport, RI area, and I was amazed at the size of some of the sailing vessels moored in the area. Sadly, our tour didn't take us close enough for me to actually get much in the way of pictures of them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom