OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Not really a "scenic" shot on this one, but when I saw it, I thought I should post it and ask a question. We were told that this bird is one that spreads its wings to dry them out after plunging into the water for food. Can anyone remind me of the name of the bird that does that?

Ha! I just had an idea while sitting on the pot. I think the bird is known as a Cormorant.

Now for something a bit scenic. These pictures were taken when the wife and I took a lighthouse tour while we were working in Rhode Island earlier this year. This picture was taken in the Newport, RI area, and I was amazed at the size of some of the sailing vessels moored in the area. Sadly, our tour didn't take us close enough for me to actually get much in the way of pictures of them.

A Cormorant.

1701263668776.png

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I‘m spending most of the day at the hospital in Tyler while my Mother has neck surgery, but the one bright spot is that my favorite Uncle (Mother’s brother) is going to be there. At least I’ll have someone to visit with.
Sending prayer for your Mom’s surgery. Keep us updated when you can.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all,
Well the wife and I were off work yesterday due to be sicker than heck. Looks like we will be missing another day of work today. Was hoping it was just a 24 hour bug but no such luck. She thought it might be Covid because she felt the same way yesterday as she did when she had Covid. We tested and was both negative.
May just drive up to Grand to the lake house for a couple of days. Would rather be sick at the lake than sick here in the city. lol!
Have a great day.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I‘m spending most of the day at the hospital in Tyler while my Mother has neck surgery, but the one bright spot is that my favorite Uncle (Mother’s brother) is going to be there. At least I’ll have someone to visit with.

First of all, prayers for your mother, and have a good visit with your uncle.

Now for the picture. This was taken along the Spearfish Canyon Scenic Byway going south from Spearfish, SD on Highway 14A. Wife and I had taken a vacation to Rapid City, SD to see Mount Rushmore, the Badlands, and more of the Black Hills. We also took a day trip to Devil's Tower in NE Wyoming and did Spearfish Canyon on our way back to Rapid City.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning all,
Well the wife and I were off work yesterday due to be sicker than heck. Looks like we will be missing another day of work today. Was hoping it was just a 24 hour bug but no such luck. She thought it might be Covid because she felt the same way yesterday as she did when she had Covid. We tested and was both negative.
May just drive up to Grand to the lake house for a couple of days. Would rather be sick at the lake than sick here in the city. lol!
Have a great day.

That's a bummer. Y'all get better quick!

Latest posts

Top Bottom