OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

A view somewhere along Gold Camp Road west of Colorado Springs. We were out off-roading.

Took a Jeep ride up into the mountains at Red River NM waaaaaay back when I was a kid. The trails were so steep we couldn't turn the Jeep through the switchback. We had to drive up one and back up the other. Our driver kept talking about Mountain Cattle and to watch out for them. Being a dumb kid and a farm boy I finally bit and asked what Mountain Cattle were. He said they were a special breed that were bred for standing upright on mountains with one side of their legs shorter than the other side. Being the ever present smartass I then said, "Well, following that, then there has to be right and left mountain cattle." Do you get normal flatland cattle when they interbreed or Diagonal Cattle?" He was laughing so hard he couldn't drive and pulled over a few minutes.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My view leaving the lake house yesterday up at Grand. I love the sun rises and sun sets on Grand.

E6FFEDBE-4670-4A86-BCA2-5EEFCB81955D.jpeg
194D37D4-2EEC-4592-BAFA-65C2E4BD5E6A.jpeg

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful morning. Looking out the window in my office, past a bright red Japanese Maple in our yard and the big Red Bud in full bloom in my neighbor's yard. Great morning to be retired, drinking a fresh cup of black coffee, and knowing that the only thing I have to do this morning is take some cash and a couple of checks to the bank.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty cool to see this excellent thread be made a "sticky" so it will always be right here at the top of the category, where it belongs. Hats off to @dancer4life for creating this!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom